By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New 3DS to stream Wii U games!

Cloudman said:
Areym said:
THEY ARE COPING SONY AND...

but seriously, it would be a cool feature and it would make sense at this point. People with the old 3DS might feel a bit left out though.

As someone sticking with the old one for now, I don`t feel that bad about it.  It`d be nice to have, but I can live without it.

I feel the same way (although I use my sister's 3ds, I don't have my own o_o)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

even if 3ds code work as the gamepad will most likely have the same problems as vita like latency resposne and the need of internet connection

Nem said:
I love my Vita, but playing PS4 console games on the Vita defeats the purpose. Smaller screen, more difficult control methods. I much prefer playing native Vita games.

I wouldnt use it on my 3DS with Wii U either for the same reasons. The new 3DS at least has 2 shoulder buttons though.

Being able to continue your PS4 game while being away seems like a cool feature, but I agree the time would be better spent playing a game designed for the console. Unless you direly need to continue a game, it seems more of a novelty.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Seems like an interesting idea, but I don't know how well it would work. 3DS has a 400x240 screen, scaling down 720p & 1080p games onto something that small would make most of the UI illegible.

bunchanumbers said:
I can't imagine this happening. Although it wouldn't be a bad replacement for a gamepad if it gets destroyed. I thought the new codec was so that it could play youtube videos and the like?

3DS could already do youtube and netflix and other major streaming things

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Oh gosh, that's totally ripping off Sony's idea. But a good move nonetheless if it's true AND at no cost like an excuse to apply a subscription based service.

Like Sony rips off Nintendos ideas? It's the world of gaming, live and let live. Microsoft copied sony, sony copied Nintendo, Nintendo copies sony, Microsoft copied nintendo and ouya gets left out

I don't believe it's gonna happen, but I hope

RealGamingExpert said:
Maybe they wanna drop the gamepad. Would make sense, because the N3DS has the extra buttons and the NFC reader.

Megatom!

Click HERE and be happy 

megafenix said:
even if 3ds code work as the gamepad will most likely have the same problems as vita like latency resposne and the need of internet connection

Wii U doesn't have 1 wifi adapter though, it has two and 1 is exclusively for the gamepad (or so i thought). 3DS will connect to it for certain games (smash and Monster Hunter being the two I know of)

RavenXtra said:
Seems like an interesting idea, but I don't know how well it would work. 3DS has a 400x240 screen, scaling down 720p & 1080p games onto something that small would make most of the UI illegible.

Indeed, it's a big ask of Vita with it's 960x544 resolution. I really can't see it working on 400x240. I took a quick look at Vita remote play thought "that's cool" and haven't bothered with it since. I think too much is compromised in the remote play process.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.