By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New 3DS to stream Wii U games!

manuel said:
Wouldn't the resolution be much too low?

That was my first thought... Imagine trying to read a speech bubble '_'

Around the Network

Said this 12 months ago. It will effectively work as a gamepad. I heard talk of the "fusion" or some such nonsense and had said that it already exists as the Wii U and 3DS. People laughed at me.

Barkley said:
manuel said:
Wouldn't the resolution be much too low?

This several games you wouldn't even be able to read the HUD, you can't just downscale a 1080p game to the 3ds and expect everything to be legible when it wasn't made with such a low resolution in mind. It's like playing some ps3 games on an SD tv, you can't even read the font.

I don't think it's true and with already having the gamepad doing remoteplay far better than the 3ds ever could there's no need for it.

The Wii U gamepad's resolution is 854 x 480 which translates to a pixel density of 158 ppi. The new 3DS has a pixel density of about 120 ppi or 96 ppi (for the XL.) 

That isn't a huge difference. 

Would be neat I guess.......

But I prefer the HD screen of the Gamepad.

toot1231 said:
Should be the other way around I would kill to play 3ds games on a tv.

MH4U

Around the Network

The original 3DS, with the help of an app, can stream the Wii U version of Dragon Quest X to your 3DS I believe. Not too farfetched. If someone says streaming is copying, they're stupid because streaming data doesn't belong to anyone.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Would be neat I guess.......

But I prefer the HD screen of the Gamepad.

The gamepad's screen is not HD. Its resolution is, 854x480, and its pixel density is 158 ppi. Both are sub-standard for touch-screen devices and not much better than the 3DS's. 

Kwaidd said:
toot1231 said:
Should be the other way around I would kill to play 3ds games on a tv.

MH4U

Yea thats another great reason

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

The 3DS screens are really low res. I wouldn't want to play Wii U on that at all.

Now we can play the vast endless Wii U library on the new 3DS...

I'm so evil.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile