By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV screenshots! (Updated)

POE said:
Areym said:
POE said:
Preety but ugly at the same time.

care to elaborate?

ill try:

The graphics are awesome but at the same time they feel lifeless, empty.

Gotcha. I hope the final product has a big draw distance with some monsters and stuff in the background. I think it is very possible, much like new Zelda's empty-ish forest run, more life will be added as the game develops.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Final Fantasy may make a successful transition like Resident Evil into a complete different genera, but it will still love the original format.

I just hope that the gameplay is not sacrificed for the purpose of having a cinematic experience, like in FFXIII.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

KhinRunite said:
Samus Aran said:

...environments look bland...

That's realism for you. I have been on countless road trips to see enough long 'bland' highway sceneries. What makes them great in real life? The fresh winds on your face, and the smell of grass and the trees. In a game like this? I don't know, but hopefully places like this are few.

Well the game is called Final Fantasy, not Final Reality.

Areym said:
POE said:
Areym said:
POE said:
Preety but ugly at the same time.

care to elaborate?

ill try:

The graphics are awesome but at the same time they feel lifeless, empty.

Gotcha. I hope the final product has a big draw distance with some monsters and stuff in the background. I think it is very possible, much like new Zelda's empty-ish forest run, more life will be added as the game develops.

Yes, something similar happened to me when i saw that VGA Zelda video. It was georgeous but something was missing. But the Zelda video was better than this because the characters (link and some bosses) and the landscape felt integrated. In Final Fantasy XV i always get the feeling that those characters and the landscapes dont go weel.

Boutros said:
This looks incredible. And I'm loving the settings so far. I'm tired of JRPGs with volcano worlds and other completely unrealistic environments. This feels very fresh for a JRPG.

I have to agree with this. I love the cliche medieval fantasy setting that the majority of JRPGs have, but it is nice that a brand as big as this one is going in the opposite direction and doing something that isn't so common within the genre. I'm not just referring to the environments, but also how they are designing the monsters based on real creatures and animals.

With that said, we still haven't seen much of the world so I'm excited to see how the developers continue to interpret the "fantasy based on reality" concept.

Around the Network

Looks quite nice.

Samus Aran said:

This is still fantasy though.

Luckily the developers aren't so close-minded about what elements go into the making of a fantasy world.

I see a lot of people complaining about the fantasy part of the theme not taking front stage, but i feel like it shouldn't. If you're going to do a fantasy based interpretation of reality (whether that be FF15's clean modern/sci-fi world, or FF7's industrial-esk sci-fi one), then the fantasy part should be the supplement, not the focus. It's very easy to create a convincing fantasy world with some realistic elements, but doing the reverse can be very difficult, which in my mind makes in more interesting.

I can understand people feeling differently, it's an incredibly subjective topic after all, but that's how i feel about it ^^

thelalaby said:
Samus Aran said:

This is still fantasy though.

Luckily the developers aren't so close-minded about what elements go into the making of a fantasy world.

Yeah, imagine having beautiful epic environments in a game. Stuff that makes your jaw drop.

Technically it's just ok, but I'm really digging the style. Looks clean and neat. Will get it day 1 on Steam.