By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The hardcore abandoned Nintendo; Nintendo didn't abandon the hardcore

The Nintendo Gamer didnt abandon Nintendo nor did Nintendo abandon the Nintendo gamer. Nearly everyone else abandoned Nintendo.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
97alexk said:
Zekkyou said:

Sure :) Retail titles order by NA release (Feb 10th to March 31st):

- Evolve
- Rugby 15
- Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- The Order: 1886
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- DmC: Devil May Cry
- Battlefield: Hardline
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (+ FF15 Demo in CC)
- Project CARS
- Bloodborne
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
- MLB 15: The Show 

It's actually 13 not 12 (i miss counted), but you get the idea. You could count it as 11 though if you exclude the BL collection and DMC (i personally wouldn't but i can understand why some would). Type-0 is also technically a remake, but the original PSP title was never released outside of Japan so i'd say it's functionally a new game to the overwhelming majority of people in NA/EU, so excluding it wouldn't make much sense in this context.

I'm personally only interested in a few of them, but objectively i'd say it's a pretty good line up for Feb and March. Most PS4 owners should see at least 1 they're interested in (i'd assume, anyway).

Thats one impressive line-up, personally not my taste, but still impressive. So many third party support. Cool :)

Yeah, i think so ^^ Apparently i missed a few titles too (see Burek's post above, though i'm not sure i'd count SE3:UE).

I feel i should note again though that i'm not trying to take away from the quality of Nintendo's own offerings. If you're a fan of their games (like me), then the WiiU is a fantastic console. It's a shame it doesn't receive a similar degree of 3rd party support as the PS4 and X1. I have no doubt it would be selling pretty damn well if it did.

Yeah im dissapointed aswell. but i dont think it would change that much for me pesronally, but would be good to have for sure. :)

thx1139 said:
The Nintendo Gamer didnt abandon Nintendo nor did Nintendo abandon the Nintendo gamer. Nearly everyone else abandoned Nintendo.

Most Nintendo gamers I know want nothing to do with the Wii U, including me. 

Then those Nintendo fans are missing out on some of Nintendos best games since the Gamecube (no disrespect to the Wii)

McDonaldsGuy said:
thx1139 said:

Most Nintendo gamers I know want nothing to do with the Wii U, including me. 

So not interested in Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Zelda, etc.?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

i sort of agree.
they should have wii sports club in disck at launch and bundled with the basic wii U. And market it well as the new wii. and the game should be on shelves.
but instead, this game became a digital rent game.

they should offer discounts or other advantages for who upgraded his wii for a wii U.
wii party U and wii fit U also didnt get the players who played the old wii versions of these games, lots of lost potential.

of course it wouldnt sell like wii. but it wouldnt be behind of dreamcast too, or even xbox.

THey messed up when they lost alot of games that made SNES popular to the PS1, I mean totally lost like not being released on N64 ever, and the few that did were late ports. So people moved on. How can they not?

I keep hearing Ninty should have appealed to the blue ocean. But HOW? nobody ever said how to do that. Discover some funky alien tech? make a Wii 2, while that would have sold better just by the nature of it being cheaper. That would not have been a blue ocean device as it woudl have just been an update to what people already had, and i think we know most of the Wii buyers probably wouldnt be interested in getting a more expensive version of something they probably werent even using in the first place.

Which brings me to my last point, Ninty actually did release some blue ocean games. They did nothing much for 3ds OR wii U so taht says those people are truly gone. (look at decling JD sales) so now what?

The game industry is shrinking and console gaming especially is dying. This gen will not have the numbers last gen did, not by a long shot. Sony knows this, thus why they are making their future in "the cloud" regarding gaming.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

oniyide said:
THey messed up when they lost alot of games that made SNES popular to the PS1, I mean totally lost like not being released on N64 ever, and the few that did were late ports. So people moved on. How can they not?

I keep hearing Ninty should have appealed to the blue ocean. But HOW? nobody ever said how to do that. Discover some funky alien tech? make a Wii 2, while that would have sold better just by the nature of it being cheaper. That would not have been a blue ocean device as it woudl have just been an update to what people already had, and i think we know most of the Wii buyers probably wouldnt be interested in getting a more expensive version of something they probably werent even using in the first place.

Which brings me to my last point, Ninty actually did release some blue ocean games. They did nothing much for 3ds OR wii U so taht says those people are truly gone. (look at decling JD sales) so now what?

They could literally make a blue console. With a dolphin on it. Blue Ocean console, voila, it's simple ;). 

Soundwave said:
oniyide said:

They could literally make a blue console. With a dolphin on it. Blue Ocean console, voila, it's simple ;). 

that is my favorite color