By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within missed one big mark for me..terror

Wright said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

If you say so. End of the day,Evil Within is nothing more than a medicore game that really just plays the ''me too'' game.

Really? That's a narrow way to view it. The Evil Within oozes an atmosphere that no other Resident Evil game has, so I fail to see the "me too" game.

Not a narrow way to view it. It's just a different opinion than your own xD

you're free to think it ''oozes atmosphere'' and that's cool.  No harm in that.

I however see it differently 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

I kinda wanted you to tell me why is such a copy/paste...

The fact that you pointed it out that it's a "been there done that" game makes me think it is a narrow way to view it. It's your opinion, but if you don't give more data, that's the only impression I can take out of your opinion.

Wright said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I kinda wanted you to tell me why is such a copy/paste...

The fact that you pointed it out that it's a "been there done that" game makes me think it is a narrow way to view it. It's your opinion, but if you don't give more data, that's the only impression I can take out of your opinion.

I tend not to try to go into long  detailed posts with people who are quick to write others off in the manner in which you did. Most people who do that, will not listen to a thing no matter what you tell them because they're all ready in defense mode . Been through that with waaaaay to many people lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

I tend not to try to go into long  detailed posts with people who are quick to write others off in the manner in which you did. Most people who do that, will not listen to a thing no matter what you tell them because they're all ready in defense mode . Been through that with waaaaay to many people lol

Well, go ahead with me. I'm listening. I will be a good boy; won't point out nothing at all. Just read what you have to say about it.

LipeJJ said:
It was scary as hell to me. I was terrified the whole time while playing it. :P

But I get easily scared anyways.

BOO!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Generally, horror games from Japan bring up red flags for me. Predictable scenarios, terrible VO, terrible music, terrible sound effects and terrible gameplay are all en suite.

When I played it at a friends house, the game was worse than I thought it would be. No you are not alone in thinking the game is now scary in the slightest.

soulfly666 said:

So I didn't find it "scary" or "fearful" but it was one of the most uncomfortable games I have ever played. Be it random trap explosions, acid containers, falling, torture machines, the somewhat clunky controls, really weird save system, limited field of view, not always being able to see where shots hit, etc... I was uneasy and uncomfortable basically the whole way through, and in a weird way I thought it shined in that aspect.  I was definitely dreading death at every turn playing it on  hard.  I died a TON on 1st playthrough.

/EDIT:  What diff did you play it on.  I don't know if you played Wolfenstein the new order at all, but easy difficulty, absolutely no AI and piece of shit game.  Hard difficulty, my favorite game of 2014.  Evil Within is somewhat the same way or so I have heard.  I have not tried it on easy yet.

I played on normal or whatever normal is called. Im thinking about trying it on a harder diff, but the clunky controls, terrible camera, and poor hit detection might make me not try that. Wolfenstein was a blast on hard.

badgenome said:
dukerx2 said:

Which is disappointing coming from Shinji Mikami 

Really? He's someone I associate with action games, not actual horror. His games have always been a kind of schlocky or "cool" horror.

.. I thought the early Resident Evil games were good survival horror. But thats just me.

I played it realizing it's a video game, so of course I wasn't scared, as I am older than 6.

I finally managed to finish the game after forcing myself, because it is just too damn slow and boring...

Ruler said:
I think you have too much nostalgia, only p.t. did it for me. Games like resi 2 arent scarry anymore

Yeah maybe, I haven't played RE 2 in a long time. What makes games like that not scary anymore?