By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and X1 shipped nearly 30 million consoles at the end of 2014 according to AMD

Nuvendil said:
Yeah 500k on store shelves would be insanely low for 2 consoles globally. I would say that the Xbox One could very well be overtracked. Not too surprising, the holiday rush probably made tracking more difficult.

If xb1 is heavily overtracked it won't be vgc's fault but microsoft's with the questionable ''it aprroaches 10m shipped''statement  in November(I interpreted that as 10m by the end of the year but after these news,ioi adjusted it dramatically up,so I changed my mind and skyrocketed my prediction for xb1 from 9.0-9.5m[Main] to 10.7m)and of the clamp to ioi from some specific xbox fans..

For AMD year ends on 3rd of January 2015 or on 27th of December?I think as of 27th of December and here's why:

MS/SONY/NINTENDO have the quarter that passed,always till 27th of December,so some people here mistakenly use the 18.5m ps4 sold because it is as of 3rd January,so 18m as of 27th December,which is logical as vgc  considers!1

8m ps4 and 10.8m xb1 sold as of 27th December equals 28.8m and with amd's information about near 30m shipments I suppose that the exact number must be 29.8m,so we get 1m on the shelves but they  should  be 2-2.5m on the shelves,ps4 it'isnt overtracked as we have official numbers,consequently 18m ps4 sold as of 27th December for me means 19-19.3m shipped and xb1 must be at  10.6-10.8m shipped and 9.6-9.8m sold!So xb1 overtracked by 1m?Hmmmm,I was always suspecting the numbers in the rest of europe,as for the row I didn't messed up with these numbers to come to any conclusion but I seeing some here to doubt them and I can understand why,so I accept that!It seems that there is a hyperbole to the row numbers of xb1!

However,if amd counts the week ending on 3rd of January as part of 2014,xb1 must be  at 10.3m shipped and 9-9.3m sold...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AlexJones said:

I've said in another forum and I'll say it here, the VGC's #s for Xbone do not make any sense.
The Xbox is less popular than the PlayStation than even last generation, and Xbox 360 sold 70% of their consoles in the US. Using VGC's #s, the ratio of US to ROW sales is approximately 60:40.

So let's add this up.
Xbone is less popular than the PS4 in ROW. Only the US got insane Xbox deals throughout the holidays, yet the Xbone magically did better in ROW? The ratio should be at least 90:10 US to ROW.
I'd say Xbone is approximately 2.5m overtracked.

That's not true.

It is. 360 is >50m sold in the US. I'll put it at 53-55 million.

360 sold 80m LTD. 55/80 = .6875, which is close to 70%.

The Xbone is so overtracked here it's not even funny. At this point, even insiderp is more reliable than VGC.

AlexJones said:

The Xbone is so overtracked here it's not even funny. At this point, even insiderp is more reliable than VGC.

No, the 360 overtook the Wii last month according to the NPD group. Not even close to 53-55M.

If xbox had sold 10 million, MS would have announced it already, but they are close.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Ka-pi96 said:
AlexJones said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's not true.

That's from June 2014s NPD. So unless the Xbox 360 sold 10m in the 2nd half of 2014 in the US alone your figures are wrong, very wrong.

The reality is it has sold about 44-45m in the US, meaning about 51-52%. That is quite different from 70%.

This is because you did not include Canada, which is essentially just another province of the USA.

Include that US colony and you have 53-55m sales.

Around the Network
AlexJones said:

I've said in another forum and I'll say it here, the VGC's #s for Xbone do not make any sense.
The Xbox is less popular than the PlayStation than even last generation, and Xbox 360 sold 70% of their consoles in the US. Using VGC's #s, the ratio of US to ROW sales is approximately 60:40.

So let's add this up.
Xbone is less popular than the PS4 in ROW. Only the US got insane Xbox deals throughout the holidays, yet the Xbone magically did better in ROW? The ratio should be at least 90:10 US to ROW.

Was it that forum were also said PS4 must have passed 20 million and VGC must be wrong?  We just had numbers from France where Xone end up being undertracked.

GamechaserBE said:
AlexJones said:

So let's add this up.

Was it that forum were also said PS4 must have passed 20 million and VGC must be wrong?  We just had numbers from France where Xone end up being undertracked.

No. GS System Wars, though I got banned due to biased mods who don't want to admit that the xbox division might be on its last legs. I only want to talk about the truth, not stupid fanboy wars.

AlexJones said:
Ka-pi96 said:
AlexJones said:

So let's add this up.

That's not true.

VGC has total North America at 48 Million. But I think it's still the case that 360 is somewhat overtracked in USA with the discrepancy between NPD LTD and VGC LTD. Someone who keeps a closer eye on this can confirm. USA is approximately 53% of Xb 360's LTD. IMO with Xb one that ought to be at about 60% because Xb one has carried over more Xbox popularity in the USA than any other market aside from UK. VGC has USA at ~57% of Xb one's LTD, which is not far from what I expect. So the relativity is approximately correct, which means the probable overtracking is rather global than region specific.

If you are only interested in truth and facts, then please get the facts, insofar as we have objective facts on sales, right before you start trying to draw conclusions.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

AlexJones said:

This is because you did not include Canada, which is essentially just another province of the USA.

Include that US colony and you have 53-55m sales.

Please keep this malarkey out of this thread. Thank you.

We'll know soon enough.