By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

-snip

Around the Network

Well... You can't use amiibos online so the only time you can really use them is when you are playing with ur friends so neh, it won't really do anything that breaks the game and the main reason why most people seem to collect amiibos is for the figures and not really what they provide for in-game content (which isn't really much to begin with)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You really think Nintendo is going to waste money making these things hacker proof? Lol! Skylanders and Disney characters have long been hacked already. Obviously they were going to get hacked, not a very impressive prediction.

I don't think this will be a problem at all. How many people are going to do this?
Definitely not a lot... It also doesn't give you any real advantages gameplay wise, so this shouldn't be a problem right now.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Now I'd love to see someone create a Mr. Game and Watch amiibo.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

What's so bad about that?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Tachikoma said:

it becomes an issue as predicted. 

Where's the issue? You still can't have multiple amiibos in one, so this is basically just trading your amiibo for another one.

Ammm and whats the big problem about this?

is it true that when you get arrested in japan 99.8% end up in jail and sentenced as guilty.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Samus Aran said:

You really think Nintendo is going to waste money making these things hacker proof? Lol! Skylanders and Disney characters have long been hacked already. Obviously they were going to get hacked, not a very impressive prediction.

The issue is cheaping out and going with low capacty, poor storage nfc hardware results in:

no ability to stop nfc replication, no encryption on the actual nfc dataso it can be modified, so someone could easilly release an apk/iso app containing all amiibos, including amiibos not currently released, which negtes the need to buy any further figures, but most importanty, a hardware limitation, meaning all currently released characters physically cannot store more than one games data, not now, not in the future.

The prediction wasnt meant to be impressive, it was meant to point out how stupid the design choice was.

It is a matter of FOB price only, Nintendo wouldnt have had to spend a penny on security because NFC tecnologies support various modes by default, providing the NFC tag used has said features, which the amiibos do not.

The price difference to Nintendo would litterally have been less than $0.06 per unit.