By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox on Windows 10: the end of Steam?

Tagged games:

Is Valve...

...safe because MS won't... 35 14.89%

...safe. MS will sell gam... 99 42.13%

...safe, because all PC g... 11 4.68%

...doomed. MS will crush ... 7 2.98%

...doomed. They will give... 65 27.66%

...doomed. But MS is too ... 17 7.23%

Total:234
generic-user-1 said:

sure, they will get all the games that steam has, but that doesnt matter, they showed with the xbox brand that they arent willing to make big sales. and they would get a lot of problems with xbone users... if they want to match the prices for steam, they will have much higher prices on xbone than on xboxapp...

Remember, X1 games are more expensive because they lack DRM.

Around the Network
torok said:
V-r0cK said:

Hey! Let me believe it that a sequel can still be in the works!! xD

I believe in The Last Guardian, so hope is all left to us. But come on, Duke Nukem Forever did happened!

Unfortunately Duke Nukem Forever was such a let down for the fans after waiting so long, I'm kind of afraid of that for HL3.  But I guess it's better to have the game come out than not at all =)

I can only speak for myself, and I didn't leave Steam of neither Origin, GOG or any other service that has popped up. I did register at one of those services before because they gave away a free game, but I was too late in the end so I uninstalled it and never used it.

Steam and KK is the only thing I need. And if MS wants to make some service it must be better, the whole infrastructure, and have more or at least the same amount of games as Steam, and at the same price or below before I would even consider to change.

I have my whole library at Steam, why would I give it up? That's my point.

And KK provides me with Chinese language versions of pretty much every game I can think of, official or unofficial releases they have it.

V-r0cK said:

Unfortunately Duke Nukem Forever was such a let down for the fans after waiting so long, I'm kind of afraid of that for HL3.  But I guess it's better to have the game come out than not at all =)

I think it raises people expectations. And usually slow development times are the results of mismanagement, rebuilds from scratch, studio changes, etc. In the end, it creates a Frankenstein monster.

torok said:
generic-user-1 said:

sure, they will get all the games that steam has, but that doesnt matter, they showed with the xbox brand that they arent willing to make big sales. and they would get a lot of problems with xbone users... if they want to match the prices for steam, they will have much higher prices on xbone than on xboxapp...

Remember, X1 games are more expensive because they lack DRM.

so with the new app you can buy a game over the xbone app, complete it, and resale it?

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
torok said:
V-r0cK said:

Hey! Let me believe it that a sequel can still be in the works!! xD

I believe in The Last Guardian, so hope is all left to us. But come on, Duke Nukem Forever did happened!

The funny thing about most people saying the DNF being a letdown is that it was really exactly what everyone was asking for.  It didn't change the gameplay style or make verything shiny and fake.  They just finished the game that was literally a next game in the series.  Having been a fan and original doom/wolfenstein/duke player when they were released, this game was great!  It was chessy just like the original and the mechanics were like playing an old game from the late 90's or early 2000's that I missed(like a majority of the Steam library).

It is near the end of the end....

No, but it will strengthen the Xbox brand on PC and lead to more game releases.

generic-user-1 said:

so with the new app you can buy a game over the xbone app, complete it, and resale it?

DRM != being able to resell. On Steam, your game is linked to an always-online DRM check. If you don't connect to the web eventually, the games won't work. If your Steam account is banned, games won't work. If Steam gets out of business, games won't work. X1 games don't have this issue.

Landguy said:

The funny thing about most people saying the DNF being a letdown is that it was really exactly what everyone was asking for.  It didn't change the gameplay style or make verything shiny and fake.  They just finished the game that was literally a next game in the series.  Having been a fan and original doom/wolfenstein/duke player when they were released, this game was great!  It was chessy just like the original and the mechanics were like playing an old game from the late 90's or early 2000's that I missed(like a majority of the Steam library).

People nowadays are too overly sensitive about the jokes and crude humour in the game. Indeed it plays like the original Duke Nuken 3D in many aspects.

However, I think it lacked some modernity. Getting current without losing the core aspects.

torok said:
V-r0cK said:

I think it raises people expectations. And usually slow development times are the results of mismanagement, rebuilds from scratch, studio changes, etc. In the end, it creates a Frankenstein monster.

Agreed.  Franchises like these, i wish devs would just make a final game to end the series so fans can stop expecting more and move on.