By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hell has officially frozen over: I'm considering getting a 3DS

Tagged games:

dont forget albw.

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
It has tons of great exclusives that more than warrant the purchase.

this.

plus 3ds has such an awesome back catalog, it's not even funny. i'm not sure any console this generation will ever have as many good games as the 3ds in as many different genres. strategy, jrpgs and dungeon crawlers, rhythm, fighters, puzzlers, kart racing, platformers, action, third-person shooters, visual novels, heck even on-rails shooters.... you name it.

curl-6 said:

Oh great God of the glorious home console master race, give me the will to suppress this impure urge...

It's too late ...

You should have done this ages ago, OP ... 

Nintendo's handhelds are just simply greatness compared to their consoles ... 

You'll definitely feel more right at home with the 3DS than the DS ever will since there are a lot more console esque games to your taste with the former and I would recommend getting a a 3DS XL to alleviate your small screen issue ...

I got over 1000 hours from Monster Hunter 3 on Wii alone, so the sheer value MH4 potentially represents makes it hard to pass up. Plus, the next Wii U game I want is Splatoon, four months away. I was holding out for a Wii U port of MH4, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl New Nintendo 3dsxl !!!!!!!!!!

DO IT!!!

Around the Network

If I do bite the bullet, it'll be the New 3DS XL, just to mitigate the small screen issue as much as possible.

I plan to purchase a New 3DS but.. I still don't like the console's design. Such a shame because it seems to have many great games.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I think you should go for it, but keep in mind that the upcoming New 3DS XL doesn't include a charger so you'll need to order one separately.

Here's a link to one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Adapter-DSi/dp/B00CJTA87A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421904590&sr=8-1&keywords=3ds+charger&pebp=1421904570391&peasin=B00CJTA87A

The 3DS is a great platform. Tons of great games on the go or even at home. Playing on a small screen isn't that bad, you can always move it closer to your face :P

Also, you can always get a flash cart and take part in the big P word.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

curl-6 said:
If I do bite the bullet, it'll be the New 3DS XL, just to mitigate the small screen issue as much as possible.

I can't help but feel that the old 3DS XL with the circle pad pro would be a better fit for you ... (pun intended)

The second slider looks a lot more comfortable than that C-stick on the New 3DS ...