By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT FY15 Q2: Analyst estimates beaten again. Revenue $26.5bn, Op income $7.8bn. Xbox 6.6m shipped.

Quarterly combined Xbox shipments?

2.5m to 3.0m 58 22.92%

3.1m to 3.5m 12 4.74%

3.6m to 4.0m 13 5.14%

4.1m to 4.5m 9 3.56%

4.6m to 5.0m 17 6.72%

5.1m to 5.5m 14 5.53%

5.6m to 6.0m 17 6.72%

6.1m to 6.5m 16 6.32%

6.6m to 7.0m 58 22.92%

7.1m to 7.5m 37 14.62%

Total:251

Yeah sad thing Xbox isn't making that much money and is just riding on the fact that Microsoft makes bank

Around the Network
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
Gilgamesh said:

Tagetha

What's VG Chartz numbers for the Q2?

sell through according to VGC is approx:

360: 1.2m

ONE: 4.9m

vgchartz has the xbox selling 4.9 million , that's actually more than the PS4 according to Sony.

Impressive isn't it? Totally believeable as well tho, did according to vgc 4.4m WW Nov and Dec, with 2.5m in US according to NPD. That's a 57% share from US which is in line with WW LTD's.

psrock said:
kowenicki said:
Gilgamesh said:

Tagetha

What's VG Chartz numbers for the Q2?

vgchartz has the xbox selling 4.9 million , that's actually more than the PS4 according to Sony.

If you are referring to the 4.1 million number from Sony then that was just for the last 6 weeks of the year.

Seece said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:

Impressive isn't it? Totally believeable as well tho, did according to vgc 4.4m WW Nov and Dec, with 2.5m in US according to NPD. That's a 57% share from US which is in line with WW LTD's.

Would just like to note that the 4.4 million thing was from 21st november onwards. Not the entire Q....

I want to see how their cloud business is doing.
MS is not good at capitalism, that is what I read on the internet, so let's wait and see.

I think their cloud business might become their most profitable division, which is huge for a company that owns Windows and Office.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Any update? 

Teeqoz said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:

Would just like to note that the 4.4 million thing was from 21st november onwards. Not the entire Q....

huh, no I just added the 4.4m VGC figure myself from Nov 1st to jan 3rd.

Seece said:
Teeqoz said:
Seece said:

Lol, you're talking about 2 different 4.4 millions, he means the 4.4 million PS4s that Sony announced to have sold in the last 6 weeks of 2014.

Maybe around 2.5 mil to 3.0 mil. If it's higher than that, I mean, the new IPs could have been the key to higher sales.

Click Here To Check Out My YT Channel!

DerNebel said:
Seece said:

Lol, you're talking about 2 different 4.4 millions, he means the 4.4 million PS4s that Sony announced to have sold in the last 6 weeks of 2014.

I thought that was 4.1?