By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft has done a lot of innovations

Tachikoma said:

Really hate when these "innovation" threads pop up, because the term "innovation" gets stretched beyond its actual meaning and padded out with shit that just isnt innovation in an attempt to score points, and rarely does anyone actually check the facts of the innovations theyre claiming.

i agree this is the underlying problem with threads like these... people really like a company and therefore in their zeal to make that company seem like the best thing since sliced bread they want to make a massive list including anything they can mentioned that sounds good

that's why to this day people somehow still think that motion controls for example are innovative

with regards to the actual defninition stuff like online services and blu ray are actually innovative since they are all ubiquitous in terms of console gaming

there is no console that lacks these technologies and therefore they are a standard

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Eddie_Raja said:
spemanig said:
Achievements are the worst thing Microsoft brought to gaming. Everything else, I agree with.

Honestly people like you make me laugh.  You don't HAVE to use them...

Yeah, I don't really get that attitude either. Why hate on something that can be pretty much completely hidden so you never even have to see?

Same as DLC IMO

true_fan said:
Mr McDonald let it go, you clearly spoke truth if the faithful have to work this hard to downplay your thread. MSFT has probably done the most for gaming over the last 10-15 years. Innovating and popularizing as someone said.

microsoft has sold the least by a large margin in that time... so how could that make any sense?

Halo is not innovation, it's a masterpiece.
To compare with animu, Madoka is a masterpiece of the Magical Girl genre, because it combined the genre with a dark theme and elements from other genres never before associated with Magical Girl. It's a masterpiece because no other animu ever will be able to combine the same genres/themes and do something better, like there is no way another traditionnal FPS in a sci fi setting can be better than Halo.