By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first console that you owned?

Atari 2600.

Around the Network

The Nes. I saved up my pocket money for nearly two years to buy it. I still remember playing Duck Hunt or Super Mario Bros before school. Those were the days.

Family Computer, yeah the japanese NES.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

I still have my very first launch day PS1 from 1994, too.

Miraculously, it still works flawlessly.

Tachikoma said:

I still have my very first launch day PS1 from 1994, too.

Miraculously, it still works flawlessly.

Oh, and a Yaroze. Only seen once in my life in real.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

I'd wager you've probably never seen the little box in the middle.

Extremely rare officially licensed PS1 to VGA upscan converter.

For my family it was the Atari 2600. The first system I ever got personally was a Sega Genesis. First system i bought with my own money was a Nintendo 64

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Tachikoma said:
walsufnir said:

I'd wager you've probably never seen the little box in the middle.

Extremely rare officially licensed PS1 to VGA upscan converter.

Yup. And I guess you switched it on to see if it still works? ;)

That's quite a big box for a converter and would fit in my selection of "rare" hardware stuff.

walsufnir said:

Yup. And I guess you switched it on to see if it still works? ;)

That's quite a big box for a converter and would fit in my selection of "rare" hardware stuff.

Well, its connected to the Yaroze as I have been dabbling with my old home-made games from back in the late 90s, the upscan box turns on automatically when it receives a signal from the console.

Evidently i have used this nickname a long time, lol. (was up to no good fiddling with disk licensing data all the way back then it seems)

The first console I owned was the Gamecube. The only good Nintendo game we had was Mario Kart Double Dash. No Metroid Prime, no Mario Sunshine, no Windwaker. None of that. Instead we got great (sarcasm) games such as Shadow the Hedgehog, Madden, NBA Live, Nicktoons Unite, and other crap. The only good liscenced game we had was SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Oh well, I guess my family didn't have much taste then. :'(