By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first console that you owned?

Sega Master System. And the first game was Sonic The Hedgehog, bundled with the console. My first retail game was Fifa International Soccer, followed by Street Fighter II.

Around the Network
dangerguy said:
Atari 2600.

Then my second was the NES and it was the full blown box set that came with R.O.B. the "Robotic Operating Buddy."

Gyromite and Stack Up!

I bought my psone by the way when ps2 was allraedy out, i sended even a registration card to sony to give me a free demo, but they never did :(

Intellivision

BraLoD said:

Just to add a picture, I don't think it ever got to the USA though, it was like a Master System "slim" they called 3.
I think Europe also had a similar version, but this one was Brazil only!

Same here, first console. The design of the Master System 3 in Brazil was actually the design of the Master System 2 in EU. Tectoy released a Master System 2 in Brazil with the same design of the original model before Sega redesigned it, so they had to follow with that number after that.

However, the SMS 3 sold by Tectoy is the only SMS model that can play cartridges with more than 4Mb of ROM. So it's the only model that can play Street Fighter 2 (8Mb, largest cartridge), Castelo Rá-tim-bum (6Mb), etc.

Around the Network

The Wii

Made a bet with thedawghousev2. I say that the XB1 will we reach 30 million sales before the Wii U reaches 15 million, while he says Wii U will reach 15 million before XB1 reaches 30 million. Winner gets 3 years of avatar control and loser has to say: "I am a failure and will never do anything right, and [Winner's name here] is the best person on vgchartz and I'll never be 1/2 as good as him".

GameCube when i was 3 or 4, then a year or two later I got a GameBoy. Moved on to a DS, then original Xbox, then a Wii, etc.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

Ps one.

BraLoD said:

I wish I still had mine, my brother broke it back in the day.
I'm pretty sure I still have some cartridges in some box in my grandma house.

That's bad. Mine still works and I have the games and one controller (from Dynacom, the Turbo one). It's not expensive to buy an used one.

BraLoD said:

I know, but I'm not going to rebuy it probably, I wanted to have my old console with me
And TEC TOY still makes them today, sadly it won't accept cartridges, the design is so cool.

I like the portable Mega Drive TecToy made, it comes with Ecco!