By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Codemasters announces Damnation (PC/360/PS3)

Garcian Smith said:
Seems that all someone has to do nowadays to hype an FPS is to show a bunch of drab, realistic-looking screenshots (none of which must show any vibrant color, and at least one of which must include a motor vehicle being driven in a ridiculous manner), state that it has "wide open areas" and online multiplayer, give it some nonsensical setting, and give it a bad-ass name that describes how HARDKKKORE it is..

In other words: Yawn. Wake me when the reviews come in.

What the hell are you talking about? Can you not see the motorbike is riding on the wall?!

Around the Network

"when was the last time codemasters published a good game? About the same as the last time they made a good game?"

1991. The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy.

Yep. Things aren't looking good.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Looks like Jericho updated...a game which sucked btw.

makingmusic476 said:
Yay, another FPS! And it has the radioactive bloom look of all the rest! Gotta love UE3.0. Long live originality!

Are there any brightly coloured games these days? That's why I loved Ratchet

I can't even thinkabout Codemasters anymore without seeing doucheongames.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Seems that all someone has to do nowadays to hype an FPS is to show a bunch of drab, realistic-looking screenshots (none of which must show any vibrant color, and at least one of which must include a motor vehicle being driven in a ridiculous manner), state that it has "wide open areas" and online multiplayer, give it some nonsensical setting, and give it a bad-ass name that describes how HARDKKKORE it is..

So you're bashing a game because of it's lack of realism and your profile pic is from No More Heroes?

Legend11 said:
Garcian Smith said:

So you're bashing a game because of it's lack of realism and your profile pic is from No More Heroes?

Read my comment again. Then read my post in the "realism v. artistic" thread. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Legend11 said:
Garcian Smith said:

Read my comment again. Then read my post in the "realism v. artistic" thread. :)

I can see why you think they're going for realism, afterall they're using a steampunk alternate-history setting.  It doesn't get any more real than that.

Legend11 said:
Pretty sure? Do you have anything at all to back up your bashing of the game?

its not on the wii.

Mars said:
Legend11 said:
Pretty sure? Do you have anything at all to back up your bashing of the game?

its not on the wii.

Don't troll.

Why would the platform effect my decision? I play my PC more than my Wii by far. I guess it's hard for single-platform fanboys to understand that every game that comes to their system isn't the second coming.