By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Codemasters announces Damnation (PC/360/PS3)

I was more referring to the color palette (grey and brown and... more brown), the character models (realistically proportioned), the textures (realistic), and the flagrant use of bloom that appears in any dark, gritty, realistic shooter nowadays.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

This is the first time I've ever been to a forum where someone actually tried to defend a Codemasters game. The fanboyism must run deep through the threads...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
This is the first time I've ever been to a forum where someone actually tried to defend a Codemasters game. The fanboyism must run deep through the threads...

No Joke.  They had to get around the NES' lock out function.  The NES. 

Anyone who has played Dr. Jeckyl & Mr Hyde should know why that doesn't bode well. 

ClaudeLv250 said:

Yeah you're right, it's very fanboyish of me to not bash a developer who's first major game hasn't even been released yet.  Or to try to explain that Codemasters has absolutely nothing to do with the game besides publishing it.

Mmm, so they have the engine, the money, and they made another shooter??? Or this is the easiest kind of game to dev, or they are true believers of their future success...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No Joke. They had to get around the NES' lock out function. The NES.

Anyone who has played Dr. Jeckyl & Mr Hyde should know why that doesn't bode well.

Makes perfect sense, something that happened during the NES days is very relevant to this game.  It doesn't matter if it's not the same developer, or system, or that there's nothing at all the same really.  That's some keen insight you have going on.

Legend11 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Yeah you're right, it's very fanboyish of me to not bash a developer who's first major game hasn't even been released yet.  Or to try to explain that Codemasters has absolutely nothing to do with the game besides publishing it.

Actually I wasn't talking about you in particular but now that I think about it, I guess it does apply to you too.

Also, the fact that Codemasters jumped on the publishing rights doesn't bold well either. There are several other (and larger) companies with more money that'll jump on a FPS before Codemasters could get a word in.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Legend11 said:
Kasz216 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Makes perfect sense, something that happened during the NES days is very relevant to this game. It doesn't matter if it's not the same developer, or system, or that there's nothing at all the same really. That's some keen insight you have going on.

Well, let's talk about the developer, then. From the article:

"Blue Omega has its roots in film, having worked on both Marisa Tomei vehicle Danika and horror flick Dark Ride. Neither movie set the world alight on release, so you're forgiven if they don't trigger any memories, and this is the company's first attempt at producing a high profile game."

Danika: 29% on RottenTomatoes

Dark Ride: 4.7/10 on IMDB (no RT rating)

Things aren't looking up...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

ClaudeLv250 said:
Legend11 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Yeah you're right, it's very fanboyish of me to not bash a developer who's first major game hasn't even been released yet. Or to try to explain that Codemasters has absolutely nothing to do with the game besides publishing it.

Actually I wasn't talking about you in particular but now that I think about it, I guess it does apply to you too.

Also, the fact that Codemasters jumped on the publishing rights doesn't bold well either. There are several other (and larger) companies with more money that'll jump on a FPS before Codemasters could get a word in.

Not every great game is picked up by the larger publishers.  If that was the case Red Octane for example would never have gotten to publish Guitar Hero 1 and 2.

Garcian Smith said:
Legend11 said:
Kasz216 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Makes perfect sense, something that happened during the NES days is very relevant to this game. It doesn't matter if it's not the same developer, or system, or that there's nothing at all the same really. That's some keen insight you have going on.

Well, let's talk about the developer, then. From the article:

"Blue Omega has its roots in film, having worked on both Marisa Tomei vehicle Danika and horror flick Dark Ride. Neither movie set the world alight on release, so you're forgiven if they don't trigger any memories, and this is the company's first attempt at producing a high profile game."

Danika: 29% on RottenTomatoes

Dark Ride: 4.7/10 on IMDB (no RT rating)

Things aren't looking up...

You must have missed the fact that a prototype for the game won in NVIDIA's Make Something Unreal contest.

Also are we to judge Sony's games for example based on their movies?