By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo add to the 3DS' successor?

Make it a phone! I actually may use that idea for my marketing project at school.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Around the Network

Yes make it a phone.

Then people demanding Nintendo to make games for phones will finally stfu.

-Give it 4x the pixels of the 3DS to have smooth upscalling without blurrying the image (or make it render 3DS games in higher resolution then I dont care for 4x pixel count)

-Have good battery!
-Let me replace buttons/circle pad etc with new ones in case they break etc. And sell the replacements for 5 bucks.

Btw A "DS" with four screens will neither be called QDS nor 4DS. I mean why would they call it QuadDualScreen or 4DualScreen? If anything it will be called Nintendo QS or 4S. (QS and QoL both begin with Q!)

Nintendo would not dare compete with phone manufacturers nor would they be able to develop an OS suitable for the demands of what people want from a phone. Nintendo is a tiny company, they can make an OS comparable to even Blackberry let alone Apple/Android/Windows Phone.

A phone isn't just a joke or secondary device, a lot of people depend on their phone for their personal life, business, etc. it's not some functionality you just toss onto something as a bonus.

Beyond that Nintendo does not like to invite competition.