By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 18 year old girl dates her dad for 2 years and is going to marry him. Please Lock..

BraveNewWorld said:
I'm fine with the idea of incest, though I find its practice repulsive, as long as there's no offspring involved and all parties are of age. The minute you're squeezing out mentally retarded and malformed kiddies I'm done supporting you.

but who's to say that the father didn't already somehow plant this idea of a romantic relationship in this girls eyes when she was younger? my issue (beyond a million other things) is that there is no way to keep track of how a parent is raising a kid and what ideas they are putting into their brain. it is entirely inappropriate to inform your child that this sort of relationship would ever in any case be okay, and frankly I find it hard to believe that a father who would have sex with his daughter at 18 (regardless of if she consented) would be the type of person who wouldn't already be planting twisted romantic seeds when she was younger, in her mind

I think many of you who are saying 'let them do what they want' are being naive in the sense of thinking that allowing something like this will not cause further complications. people take one rule that is accepted or allowed and then stretch it until it breaks. something like society openly accepting incest would be no different

Around the Network

I aint going to read that text. Far too much. But the fact a dad would eve think of sinking the sub into his daughter needs his popie a dun wid.

Disgusting!!!!!! Especially in a culture that does not condone that crap. The fact that it is legal, well we all know the stereotypes about inbreeding and north america. I guess truth lies in every stereotype in some way shape or form.

But ehh.

ps. I did not read the op so if it ends up being something dumb like a step daughter.......

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

awww the power of love.............

No seriously wtf ?

Kid: Good morning granpa-dad

Thanks jlmurph!

Seece said:
mountaindewslave said:
Seece said:

First bit is real reasoning, but then you can attach that reasoning to a lot of people that have children.

Second is irrelevent and two family members getting it on has nothing to do with morals.

In fact if say you or another person had the chance to split these two up, because you didn't agree with it, that would be immorale.

you can't at all, the recorded instances of incest causing birth defects is extremely high when compared to regular births. I mean it is highly infamous especially with monarchies in the past who insisted on maintaining only 'royal blood' in their future bloodlines

also morals have everything to do with it, it's twisted to have brought something into this world, nurtured it, taught it everything, and then to mate with it. the issue is one cannot truly deduce to what degree the parent's influence and direction may have caused or spurred a relationship, and frankly if you begin to allow or 'okay' it then it might encourage certain twisted adults/parents to head towards this inappropriate direction with their children as teens as near adults (especially when adulthood as a specific age is so universally argued in different parts of the world and at different times in history)

Disagree, at the end of the day (lets assume they planned never to have children, because we kinda both agree on that subject) it really is none of your business what two consenting adults do. Litterally, your opinion to them, and about them, is worthless and should not be taken into account.

sorry can't agree-

you are acting too strongly like it is irrelevant that ONE of the two adults raised the other from conception/birth. sorry but that makes it a totally different situation and scenario. a parent has too strong of an influence and can steer the direction of a child, even young adult. a parent has the ability to apply pressure and a degree of power as well. it is absurd that some of the comments are so nonchalent

Around the Network
Seece said:
Mafuba said:
This thread shows far we've fallen from the days when movies freely called gay people "fagg*ts" (Lethal Weapon, Last Boy Scout) and nobody caring about it to "Who cares if a father wants to marry his biological daughter, its harmless."

Seriously what the hell has happened to people?

Most have become more empathetic, tolerant, open minded, loving and logical.

Sucks for the haters tho doesn't it? But who cares about them, becoming extinct afterall.

Lol nah people still make fun of them all the time, I hear gay used as an insult every day at college here. Its not that people are more open minded or accepting its that people know that there are consequences for such a thing these days so people keep it more quiet is all.

You're gay yourself right? So I understand why you would defend something like this in the first place due to the similarities.

sundin13 said:

Age of majority doesn't apply to sexual consent cases...age of consent does

I'm not sure if there are any modifiers in the case of relatedness, but solely looking at their ages, this is legal

That right? I've had this wrong for an awfully long time then.

Damn, that chick at that wedding who seemed kinda interested that one time. Should've gone for it.

Ah well, I'm long past the age where this feels relevant to me, but I guess you never know.

mountaindewslave said:
Seece said:

Disagree, at the end of the day (lets assume they planned never to have children, because we kinda both agree on that subject) it really is none of your business what two consenting adults do. Litterally, your opinion to them, and about them, is worthless and should not be taken into account.

sorry can't agree-

you are acting too strongly like it is irrelevant that ONE of the two adults raised the other from conception/birth. sorry but that makes it a totally different situation and scenario. a parent has too strong of an influence and can steer the direction of a child, even young adult. a parent has the ability to apply pressure and a degree of power as well. it is absurd that some of the comments are so nonchalent

Every case is different and you're assuming the worst. IF there was anything untoward happening then the appropriot action should be taken, but from what I understand the girl didn't even spend the majority of her childhood with her father? That there alone removes a large part of that father/daughter bond. It almost becomes just a case of blood.

I get where you're coming from and don't entirely disagree with you.

ringox said:
Seece said:
Mafuba said:
This thread shows far we've fallen from the days when movies freely called gay people "fagg*ts" (Lethal Weapon, Last Boy Scout) and nobody caring about it to "Who cares if a father wants to marry his biological daughter, its harmless."

Seriously what the hell has happened to people?

Most have become more empathetic, tolerant, open minded, loving and logical.

Sucks for the haters tho doesn't it? But who cares about them, becoming extinct afterall.

Lol nah people still make fun of them all the time, I hear gay used as an insult every day at college here. Its not that people are more open minded or accepting its that people know that there are consequences for such a thing these days so people keep it more quiet is all.

You're gay yourself right? So I understand why you would defend something like this in the first place due to the similarities.

I havn't heard gay used as an insult for ages, I have heard young teenagers use it tho (even those that are gay themselves) don't mistakenly think this is because they're homophobic.

You so deperately want your version to be the case but it isn't. Those that hold antiquated views like yourself are being shunned out of society, just look, you're gonna get your main account permabanned now and be ostricised from this site.

This shit is so fucking disgusting. I have no problem with people who are attracted to the sane sex, but this is so beyond disgusting that just the fact that people in this thread not only are okay with it, but actually defend it so passionately that it seems as though they feel this is a good thing makes me uncomfortable being apart of this community. Imagine how bad this is for everyone involved. The potential kid is probably going to have birth defects, the family of the daughter and father are going to think they're weirdo losers, and the kid (if he/she doesn't have birth defects) will live with the fact that his parents are father and daughter.