By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 18 year old girl dates her dad for 2 years and is going to marry him. Please Lock..

mountaindewslave said:
Wright said:

I don't understand why incest is illegal in the first place. I've never understand what's so forbidden about it, given that incest is a must as species when they went from a single pair to a whole ecosystem.

it can cause mental and physical disabilities to offspring if done repeatedly, something to do with the matching genes I imagine. infamously has been recorded in the past of cauing damaged children

it's also rather disturbing just in a moral sense in the majority of peoples eyes

First bit is real reasoning, but then you can attach that reasoning to a lot of people that have children.

Second is irrelevent and two family members getting it on has nothing to do with morals.

In fact if say you or another person had the chance to split these two up, because you didn't agree with it, that would be immorale.

Around the Network
chapset said:
Well if she can't get better pounding elsewhere, who am I to judge them

HAHAHAHAHAHA

mountaindewslave said:
Wright said:

I don't understand why incest is illegal in the first place. I've never understand what's so forbidden about it, given that incest is a must as species when they went from a single pair to a whole ecosystem.

it can cause mental and physical disabilities to offspring if done repeatedly, something to do with the matching genes I imagine. infamously has been recorded in the past of cauing damaged children

it's also rather disturbing just in a moral sense in the majority of peoples eyes

You need a long line of family incest before such things happen. Which practically only occured with royal families in the past (this is how Emperor Charles V got a hold of Spain, everyone that was in line before him died because of poor health (due to long history of incest in Spanish royal houses). I say Spain, but Spain didn't exist at the time (Kingdom of Castille, Navarro, Leon, etc.). Charles V, born and raised in the Flemish city of Gent, was the one to unite Spain as it exists today.

Seece said:
"this or the fact that its legal in New Jersey. "

And why the fuck shouldn't it be legal? What those two is none of your damn business or anyone elses. They're consenting adults not doing anyone any harm.

historically incest had been found to cause damaged children, both mentally and physically. lots of defects. and naturally its sort of a sick concept. you should read up in some of Medieval monarchies and the trouble with some of the royal bloodlines due to this exact problem. on one hand people in different times thought it was only right to keep the crown 'pure' in terms of royal blood, but on the other hand the result often ended with children with defects who did not live long or survive birth at all

its rather naive to just say 'its no one's business' when it actually does have adverse effects. beyond the children problem, I also find it disturbing if a society would not find something like that concerning given its inappropriate situation / surrounding. for example the girl in this very story claims she was 18 when this relationship first started, but that is very close to 17. the odds are something already had had happened before. if you think this is okay then that is one step closer to parents doing things to younger children and stretching the rules further

get a grip please or a conscience 

I'm fine with the idea of incest, though I find its practice repulsive, as long as there's no offspring involved and all parties are of age. The minute you're squeezing out mentally retarded and malformed kiddies I'm done supporting you.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
Seece said:
mountaindewslave said:
Wright said:

First bit is real reasoning, but then you can attach that reasoning to a lot of people that have children.

Second is irrelevent and two family members getting it on has nothing to do with morals.

In fact if say you or another person had the chance to split these two up, because you didn't agree with it, that would be immorale.

you can't at all, the recorded instances of incest causing birth defects is extremely high when compared to regular births. I mean it is highly infamous especially with monarchies in the past who insisted on maintaining only 'royal blood' in their future bloodlines

also morals have everything to do with it, it's twisted to have brought something into this world, nurtured it, taught it everything, and then to mate with it. the issue is one cannot truly deduce to what degree the parent's influence and direction may have caused or spurred a relationship, and frankly if you begin to allow or 'okay' it then it might encourage certain twisted adults/parents to head towards this inappropriate direction with their children as teens as near adults (especially when adulthood as a specific age is so universally argued in different parts of the world and at different times in history)

mountaindewslave said:
Seece said:

And why the fuck shouldn't it be legal? What those two is none of your damn business or anyone elses. They're consenting adults not doing anyone any harm.

historically incest had been found to cause damaged children, both mentally and physically. lots of defects. and naturally its sort of a sick concept. you should read up in some of Medieval monarchies and the trouble with some of the royal bloodlines due to this exact problem. on one hand people in different times thought it was only right to keep the crown 'pure' in terms of royal blood, but on the other hand the result often ended with children with defects who did not live long or survive birth at all

its rather naive to just say 'its no one's business' when it actually does have adverse effects. beyond the children problem, I also find it disturbing if a society would not find something like that concerning given its inappropriate situation / surrounding. for example the girl in this very story claims she was 18 when this relationship first started, but that is very close to 17. the odds are something already had had happened before. if you think this is okay then that is one step closer to parents doing things to younger children and stretching the rules further

That is only because those families have a long past of incest. This is not the case here. People greatly overrate the possibilties of incest babies being born damaged. Especially if it is the first incest in the family.

They're both adults so whatever. If she didn't want to have sex with her own father she would've just got out the way.

mountaindewslave said:
Seece said:

First part I already said I agreed with you, but then would you say the same to a disabled couple (wherein the child could inherit the disability). Would you say this to an african couple whose child stands a significant chance of getting HIV or at the least, having a really shitty life.

I agree that in all those situations those people should refrain from having children. But I repeat, it isn't against the law.

As for second part, I forget that the age of conset is 18 in the US (all over US?) because it's 16 here. Regardless, don't associate all incest with underage evil goings on.

I don't know the ins and outs of this story. All I know is right now they're consenting adults, and I don't agree they should be trying for children, but they should be able to live in peace and not be judge for being together.

mountaindewslave said:
Seece said:

you can't at all, the recorded instances of incest causing birth defects is extremely high when compared to regular births. I mean it is highly infamous especially with monarchies in the past who insisted on maintaining only 'royal blood' in their future bloodlines

also morals have everything to do with it, it's twisted to have brought something into this world, nurtured it, taught it everything, and then to mate with it. the issue is one cannot truly deduce to what degree the parent's influence and direction may have caused or spurred a relationship, and frankly if you begin to allow or 'okay' it then it might encourage certain twisted adults/parents to head towards this inappropriate direction with their children as teens as near adults (especially when adulthood as a specific age is so universally argued in different parts of the world and at different times in history)

Disagree, at the end of the day (lets assume they planned never to have children, because we kinda both agree on that subject) it really is none of your business what two consenting adults do. Litterally, your opinion to them, and about them, is worthless and should not be taken into account.