By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the bombs of the year?

RealGamingExpert said:

Devils Third

Oh come on, where did your swag go?

Mario Party 10 is probably a strong contender though. (for not meeting expectations)

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

Sales or critical reception?

I think anyone who says halo has a legit reason. Because even though Titanfall and Destiny performed ok. They were considered Bombs by how much was spent on marketing, and they did not live up to the expectations.

Halo 5 343 Becuase they halo master chief collation on multipler getting worst. Scalebond Becuase patluim metal gear rising.

Devil's Third is so sure to bomb that I don't think it should even be counted as bomb unless it does like 20k total.

I think Until Dawn will definitely bomb. It's based on a type of film that isn't even that popular anymore.

Around the Network

Is this bomb in quality or sales?
Quality: Evolve
Sales: Devil's Third

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Angelus said:
5 posts into the thread and 4 different MS exclusives already named for bombs of the year. Ok then.

Scalebound is by the people who never have games sell really well.

Tomb Raider never sold over 1 million on Xbox even when it was heavily marketed on it

Halo 5 I dont know why ben said that would bomb that was probably a joke

Fable Legends doesnt looks good at all

If Platinum's games never sell well, then by definition they cannot bomb, they could only exceed expectations. Also, they've never had the full weight of a MS marketing campaign behind them.

The Tomb Raider reboot sold almost 2 million on 360 according to this site, so clearly it can sell. Plus the fact that it's Xbox exclusive now (at least for a while), I wouldn't count out it being a system seller for some people. Obviously it won't sell as well as a multiplat title would, but then again I doubt anybody expects it to, so again I'm not sure one could qualify this as a bomb if it sold say 1-2m on X1 in a year or so.

Halo 5. Just no comment there.

Fable Legends looks good to me. It isn't like a usual Fable game of course, so I grant you that could put a lot of people off. It's definitely the game put of those listed I'd categorize as the most likely to bomb. 

Evolve and The Order

A lot of people are saying Scalebound?  I think it'll do as well as other Plat games.  I see no reason why it shouldn't. 

I'll just list the exclusives that won't bomb - Halo 5, Order 1886, Zelda WiiU, Uncharted 4...yeah, that's probably about it, the rest will sell like garbage, even relative to their install base.

A few possibilities are Rise of the Tomb Raider, Devil's Third and Xenoblade Chronicles X.