By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X: Aliens, Mechs and Sawano

curl-6 said:

It's just that the word "targeting" gets me suspicious, as it implies not locked in. I'd still give it about a 75% chance of making it to the West this year.

"Targeting" is old news. That was several months ago. Just in the past couple of weeks they've reasserted a 2015 release and said that the localization is well underway.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

It's just that the word "targeting" gets me suspicious, as it implies not locked in. I'd still give it about a 75% chance of making it to the West this year.

"Targeting" is old news. That was several months ago. Just in the past couple of weeks they've reasserted a 2015 release and said that the localization is well underway.

I dearly hope so; for two years I've been dying to play this thing, I don't know how much longer I can bear... XD

curl-6 said:

I dearly hope so; for two years I've been dying to play this thing, I don't know how much longer I can bear... XD

Between you and me and the rest of the internet but just pretend they're not here I'm kind of glad it got delayed. The timing wasn't right for me to get a Wii U last year, but now the stars have aligned and it looks like I'll probably be picking one up in May. I don't have any problem waiting for a game to finish development, but if I had been sitting on my hands while everyone else was already enjoying the game it would've been torture!

But yeah I needed this game in my life from the very instant I saw that shitty character model running next to that jagged shoreline and all I could think or say was 'it's just more Xenoblade.'

Thanks for creating this topic. This is definitely tied with Zelda as my most anticipated game this year. Awesome music, enviroments, creatures, meccas... DAY 1!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

Between you and me and the rest of the internet but just pretend they're not here I'm kind of glad it got delayed. The timing wasn't right for me to get a Wii U last year, but now the stars have aligned and it looks like I'll probably be picking one up in May. I don't have any problem waiting for a game to finish development, but if I had been sitting on my hands while everyone else was already enjoying the game it would've been torture!

But yeah I needed this game in my life from the very instant I saw that shitty character model running next to that jagged shoreline and all I could think or say was 'it's just more Xenoblade.'

Yeah, I was hooked from that very first trailer as well. 

It'll be especially tough from April onwards when Japan has it and we don't... XD

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It'll be especially tough from April onwards when Japan has it and we don't... XD

Restricted internet browsing during that period. No looking at comments on any youtube videos or gaming related news sites.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

Restricted internet browsing during that period. No looking at comments on any youtube videos or gaming related news sites.

Yeah, I may even avoid watching any further trailers. If I can summon up that much willpower.

curl-6 said:

Yeah, I may even avoid watching any further trailers. If I can summon up that much willpower.

No way, we at least have to find out what's up with the online features before we go total blackout on the game. I don't think they'll spoil too much in the trailers. The dang thing comes out in 3 months in Japan and we've barely seen past the first hour of gameplay. We've seen the equivalent to Colony 9 & Bionis Leg, and none of the story beats between the two.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

No way, we at least have to find out what's up with the online features before we go total blackout on the game. I don't think they'll spoil too much in the trailers. The dang thing comes out in 3 months in Japan and we've barely seen past the first hour of gameplay. We've seen the equivalent to Colony 9 & Bionis Leg, and none of the story beats between the two.

I just don't want to spoil to many areas. Some of the biggest wow moments of the first Xenoblade Chronicles, for me, were stepping out into a new environment for the first time and being blown away by its grandeur. 

God Of War looks better.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger