By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X: Aliens, Mechs and Sawano

I'm gonna be very hopeful and say it would be great if this came out in late June/July. If Nintendo properly planned the localisation it shouldnt take longer than that.

But yeah... august and september are more likely. I'm so ready to play this though! Its my most antecipated game in years.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
animegaming said:
Bristow9091 said:
Even though I'm not planning on playing it until I've obtained a copy, and played through, the first game (Since y'know... this is a sequel, right?) which will more than likely be on the New 3DS XL once I buy it (I'll get one closer to Christmas I think), I'll still be buying this day one, just because I think it looks pretty amazing and just from the trailers I love how big and interesting the world and environments look, and the music from the latest trailer was very nice... these are two things I like in a game, a nice world (Hopefully with some great lore and backstory too... one of the reasons I love Spira in Final Fantasy X so much) and soundtrack.

But yeah it just looks amazing for a Wii U game too, definitely one of, if not THE best looking game on the console, and I can't wait to play it! (Sadly I DO have to wait until I've played the first though, lol... hate playing sequels before the first in a series!)

there will be some references and easter eggs to Xenoblade as well as Xenosaga and Xenogeaers but its been confirm to just be a spirutal sequel. 

Hmm, then why give it the same name? Guessing it's gonna' end up like the Final Fantasy sequels, where they aren't connected... but meh, either way I want to try and pick up a copy of the first game anyways, since it's something I always wanted to play, but the price of a copy is disgusting, and I wish Nintendo would've just printed more copies of it off, since the demand was clearly there... but I'll be fine with the New 3DS version, which is actually the reason I'm buying an XL, since it's something I think will be appreciated more on a bigger screen, and seeing it in 3D should be nice too!

I am sure there will be a connection. I wouldnt ge surprised if the monado made a return given it was part of such a praised game mechanic. Aside from references (and a dream Shulk cameo), i dont expect any more than that connecting to the original game.

The main reason for the name is the game structure they created with the first game of an open world JRPG.

FF15 has nothing on this game. Such beauty. Finally beat Chronicles just last week.

Bristow9091 said:
Even though I'm not planning on playing it until I've obtained a copy, and played through, the first game (Since y'know... this is a sequel, right?) which will more than likely be on the New 3DS XL once I buy it (I'll get one closer to Christmas I think), I'll still be buying this day one, just because I think it looks pretty amazing and just from the trailers I love how big and interesting the world and environments look, and the music from the latest trailer was very nice... these are two things I like in a game, a nice world (Hopefully with some great lore and backstory too... one of the reasons I love Spira in Final Fantasy X so much) and soundtrack.

But yeah it just looks amazing for a Wii U game too, definitely one of, if not THE best looking game on the console, and I can't wait to play it! (Sadly I DO have to wait until I've played the first though, lol... hate playing sequels before the first in a series!)

they already said it's a spiritual sequel. you don't have to play the first game before playing it. But do play it eventually, xenoblade chronicles was awesome.

i will say this. This is my most anticipated game ever! Hopefully i can change my avatar in a picture from this game after playing it and remove my best rpg experience till now terranigma.

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:
And people in vg chatz call this game looks like PS2 graphics. I laugh in the face of this idiots.

I've only ever seen the PS2 argument made against the character faces/specific models, not the entire game. It's a pretty silly thing to claim regardless, but let's not create straw men for the sake of making the argument seem worse than it really is. That just adds to the issue.

I still expect an October release. If not then, then sometime next year. In the November Direct they did say they were "targeting 2015".

curl-6 said:

New charracter bios translated:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245672-xenoblade-chronicles-x-two-more-characters-revealed

Van Damme (Tessho Genda)
The commanding officer of the B.L.A.D.E. mercenary group. 
Previously, he worked as the Chief Engineer on the emergency emigration ship 'The White Whale'. 
He's broadminded, arrogant towards everyone, and has a sharp tongue, but these are his ownly flaws.

Named after the actor from my country? Cool.

curl-6 said:

I still expect an October release. If not then, then sometime next year. In the November Direct they did say they were "targeting 2015".

You're a real piece of work. :P

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

You're a real piece of work. :P

It's just that the word "targeting" gets me suspicious, as it implies not locked in. I'd still give it about a 75% chance of making it to the West this year.