By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sold less than 135K in the US

DerNebel said:
Cobretti2 said:
who agrees if this game sold 500K units in US this thread would only be up to 20 posts?

what happened to all those people who don't own a Wii U wanting the game? Guess they didn't want it bad enough to play it.

"What's with all you people not buying a system to play one game?" Hope you realize how silly that sounds.

Did you see some of the meltdowns they had? some were threatening to kill themselves. If they are devoted so much to a franchise a mear $300 machine to play the game is a better alternative to suicide.

Around the Network

well this is no news really, but good to see it confirmed by creamsugar.

Sadly we usually overtrack all software in the US, so it shouldn't come as a surprise when something has to be adjusted down, especially after the holidays.

HBninjaX said:
DerNebel said:
Cobretti2 said:
who agrees if this game sold 500K units in US this thread would only be up to 20 posts?

what happened to all those people who don't own a Wii U wanting the game? Guess they didn't want it bad enough to play it.

"What's with all you people not buying a system to play one game?" Hope you realize how silly that sounds.

I'm buying ps4 to play bloodborne.  Granted I'll buy other games too.  Why is that silly if you are a working adult who can easily afford it?

That is the thing. Many people like me don't have any other game to buy on Wii U except Bayonetta 2. For me I'll have another when Xenoblade Chronicles X releases and then I'll buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2.

Looks like DKC tracking was pretty good. Glad it's on it's way to pass 1 million this year.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Teeqoz said:
generic-user-1 said:
i dont get this npd tracking holy grail thingy, they could be even more of than ioi for some games.
they dont track every sale, they use a lot of math to get from sample numbers to npd numbers.

They get sales data from retailers that in total have 90% marketshare in the US, and use math to extrapolate the last 10. Arguing agaisnt NPD is just silly.

Yup. Also, saying that vgc is likely to be more accurate is also silly. VGC updates the numbers all the time after official reports (NPD, Sony's, MS', Ninty's Capcoms' reports, etc ). If VGC numbers were more accurate, they wouldn't change after npd. The sample that vgc uses is clearly smaller. 

Around the Network
HBninjaX said:
DerNebel said:
Cobretti2 said:

I'm buying ps4 to play bloodborne.  Granted I'll buy other games too.  Why is that silly if you are a working adult who can easily afford it?

What badgenome said, if Bayonetta 2 is the only game on the Wii U that you're interested in then you're going to think twice about buying the system for that game instead of maybe just not playing it. Don't expect everyone that's interested in playing the game to be willing to essentially shell out $360 for it.

Goodnightmoon said:
DerNebel said:

Sounds really silly when someone thinks that WiiU has only one game worth while.

Do you know how taste works?

Well, that means that Sonic Boom Wii U sold more in December...

November NPD (LTD):
Bayonetta 2: ~95k
Sonic Boom: ~25k

December NPD (LTD)
Bayonetta 2: ~135k
Sonic Boom: ~68k

December alone:
Bayonetta 2: ~40k
Sonic Boom: ~43k

DerNebel said:
Goodnightmoon said:
DerNebel said:

Sounds really silly when someone thinks that WiiU has only one game worth while.

Do you know how taste works?

I know that doesn´t work for some people.

DerNebel and Goodnightmoon: knock it off, now.