By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid 3DS accidentally revealed?

jetforcejiminy said:
none of the listed games are virtual console titles. a 3ds metroid is coming this year, and it's going to be a big deal (possibly their secondary holiday title to complement pokémon z).

I really think Pokemon Z won't come out this year (i'm not sure if it will be even made in the first place). We already had two consecutive years with Pokemon, better focus on spin-offs until 2017-2018, when the 3DS gets replaced.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

welp.

This is the year of 3DS games for me. And Zelda U.

Panther111 said:

Am i the only one who is kinda meh to metroid :----/ it never clicked fully with me... I actually enjoyed other m more than corruption :---0

Which games did you play? 

Doubt it. If it existed, why not reveal it yesterday? Aren't some of the Metroid games available for VC?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

for 3DS? I pass

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Doubt it. If it existed, why not reveal it yesterday? Aren't some of the Metroid games available for VC?

Yesterday kind of seemed to focus on the first half of the year. Maybe Metroid could be slated for the second half or 2016. It could be a surprise at  directs around GDC or E3. 

Darwinianevolution said:
jetforcejiminy said:
none of the listed games are virtual console titles. a 3ds metroid is coming this year, and it's going to be a big deal (possibly their secondary holiday title to complement pokémon z).

I really think Pokemon Z won't come out this year (i'm not sure if it will be even made in the first place). We already had two consecutive years with Pokemon, better focus on spin-offs until 2017-2018, when the 3DS gets replaced.

gba

pokémon sapphire/ruby 2002/3

pokémon leafgreen/firered 2003/4

pokémon emerald 2004/5

ds

pokémon diamond/pearl 2006/7

pokémon platinum 2008/9

pokémon heartgold/soulsilver 2009/10

pokémon black/white 2010/11

pokémon black 2/white 2 2011/12

by the end of the ds era it had been more or less annualized, once the new generation was released (usually within platform's first two years). with 3ds they moved towards global releases, so we got:

3ds

pokémon y/z 2013

pokémon omega ruby/alpha sapphire 2014

there will be a mainline pokémon title this year (or two) and they will be enhanced remakes of y/z, either just pokémon z or pokémon zx/zy. now, i don't think 3ds is getting a new generation, but it's definitely getting (an) enhanced remake(s) of x/y and an enhanced remake of or/as, i.e., delta emerald.

Metroid prime when i was around 10, then prime 2..

Don't toy with my emotions, Nintendo.

I bet the ad was written by so exec and not a somebody "in-the-know" though.

Could be legit. Metroid 3DS would of course be an E3 reveal, but it could be open knowledge in the Treehouse, who put out pretty much marketing from NOA.