By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly charts week ending Jan. 3rd

Michael-5 said:

I'm looking forward to the Jan 10th data, XB1 will no longer be on sale in North America and I wonder when WiiU will outsell it on weekly charts again. Hopefully it's not just going to outsell XB1 on major release weeks.

How about never?

Around the Network

I'm not that into these sales numbers so I don't really know about what I'm talking about next so If anyone more educated than me on this matter has something to say about my conclusions, please do.

1st) Smash sold only less 100k than MK8 with only 7 weeks on the market (vs like 7 months of MK8). I think this is kinda great for SSbros. Or is it just unimpressive for MK8? Or both?

2nd) So WiiU sold almost 140k the week after holidays. I'm thinking if WiiU would be able to achieve a baseline of around 140k/week, at the end of 2015 they would have sold more than 7M which is kinda good given their WiiU record so far. Also, isn't that supposed to be one of the slowest weeks of the year? If so my estimate would be rounded by default,and not counting the spikes it might have throughout the year, so my 7M estimate can possibly even be conservative? Or does this make no sense at all?

tag

Nice ps4 numbers, should be ahead in NA from now on until their next price cut or huge bundles.

Giggs_11 said:
I'm thinking if WiiU would be able to achieve a baseline of around 140k/week

What? It was "around 50k" in 2014. It's not going to triple. 140k should be close to PS4's baseline, Wii U and X1 combined will struggle to reach that number

Around the Network

Some interesting info.

Best Selling Console Exclusives of 2014 in the UK:

1. Drive Club outsold Forza Horizon 2

2. The Last of Us Remastered outsold Halo MCC.

3. Little Big Planet 3 outsold Sunset Overdrive.

Essentially every PS4 exclusive has sold better than its Xbox One exclusive rival.

Source:

Source:

daredevil.shark said:

Some interesting info.

Essentially every PS4 exclusive has sold better than its Xbox One exclusive rival.

Source:

Source:

Nice. Would've expected that WW but not UK.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Michael-5 said:

I'm looking forward to the Jan 10th data, XB1 will no longer be on sale in North America and I wonder when WiiU will outsell it on weekly charts again. Hopefully it's not just going to outsell XB1 on major release weeks.

Wii U won't outsell X1 again for the rest of this gen. Wake up. Accept that the Wii U was doomed to last from the day it was revealed.

daredevil.shark said:

Some interesting info.

Source:

Source:

LBP 3 is both versions combined, that should be noted. Conversely that also means that Driveclub outsold both versions of Forza Horizon combined.

DerNebel said:

LBP 3 is both versions combined, that should be noted. Conversely that also means that Driveclub outsold both versions of Forza Horizon combined.

Yup.