By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict whether Xenoblade Chronicles X is 1080p, or 720p based on the latest video.

What will the native resolution of Xenoblade Chronicles X be?

1080p 30 21.13%

720p 112 78.87%

Total:142
Mystro-Sama said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
720p30fps. I will shit brix if its anymore than that

But the video is 60fps...

Well, the video could be recorded at 60fps but the game itself might be 30fps since I am sure there were some games in the direct that were running 60fps and they used that footage to record it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

900p

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Why would you play the resolution game? The awesomeness of Wii U is not in its resolution or framerate capability. Wii U fans are supposed to shun the superficiality of res and fps dick measuring contests and glory in the awesomeness of game play and art style.

X needs neither 1080p nor 60fps to be a brilliant game. So why bring in such reductionist considerations?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Nintendo's target resolution for Wii U is always 720p. 1080p is only available with non-HD based games, like SSB(basic game engine is same to 3DS), and WWHD(GC remasterd).

618116 said:

Nintendo's target resolution for Wii U is always 720p. 1080p is only available with non-HD based games, like SSB(basic game engine is same to 3DS), and WWHD(GC remasterd).

The rendering demands of SSB on Wii U are nothing like the 3DS though, even discounting resolution.

Around the Network

After watching the video on the e-shop (much better quality than Youtube) I am fairly certain it is 720p30fps.

There's a bit too much aliasing going on in some of the scenes for it to be 1080 and there is clear judder when the camera is panning which is virtually absent in games running 60fps. I would guess the frame rate is a locked (at least mostly) to 30fps as the game does seem to run quite smoothly.

I'm leaning towards 720p with some AA of some sort. Its not jaggy like MK8. You never notice it in motion but when you're still you can see it. I don't see that with XBCX.

I'm going to assume it will be 1080p, and something like 40/45fps most of the time.

The character and enemy rigging, the skin and rock shaders, and the level and character geometry all seem too conservative to me to warrant enforcing of 720p, particularly when only one camera is ever rendering at a time.

I only thing visually impressive about this game is the interesting environment and enemy designs. From a technical standpoint, of course, getting 1080p from the Wii U during full 3D is impressive too, but others have managed, and these guys have had a LOT of time with the system.

Podings said:
I'm going to assume it will be 1080p, and something like 40/45fps most of the time.

The character and enemy rigging, the skin and rock shaders, and the level and character geometry all seem too conservative to me to warrant enforcing of 720p, particularly when only one camera is ever rendering at a time.

I only thing visually impressive about this game is the interesting environment and enemy designs. From a technical standpoint, of course, getting 1080p from the Wii U during full 3D is impressive too, but others have managed, and these guys have had a LOT of time with the system.

The sheer size of the world and hence the sheer quantity of assets being rendered precludes 1080p in my assessment.

curl-6 said:
Podings said:

The sheer size of the world and hence the sheer quantity of assets being rendered precludes 1080p in my assessment.

I could very well be wrong. It's a little hard to gauge from the video, but the aliasing I'm seeing could really mean something more aching to 720p.
Which might be more their thing anyway, as it would be easier to ensure a stable 60fps.