By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Core Nintendo fans are to blame for the Wii U situation

Wow. I sound like I don't know English when I'm typing everything on my phone. LOL.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

How do you solve it? You don't change those hardcore Nintendo fans. You change your target, you try to aim for other kind of people. And that's something that Nintendo has to do! In short... it's Nintendo's fault!

Nintendo doesn't invest in new IP's too often because the fans don't want them. They request the next Metroid or Zelda. When they do make new IP's (TW101) fans don't buy them which will show Nintendo to stick with the stable IP's

Yet, this is what Nintendo needs in order to bring in new fans in the longrun. 

Also, hi Anfebious

KLXVER said:

Ill give you W101, but Bayonetta 2 isnt doing aweful. Not great, but the people who love it REALLY love it.

Bayonetta 2 is certainly doing better than TW101 did but it still isn't doing too well. This is especially the case because it comes with the first game which was even more money put into the game. It doesn't matter is the game is perfect, sales don't reflect awesome results. Not terrible but still just alright.

Throw in Devils 3rd and that's 3 games that probably did less than expected. (although, to be fair, this has yet to be seen)

This is a strawman thread, you know.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

third parties gimp and leave out features of Wii U ports. So I dont blame Wii U owners for not buying half assed games lol

especially when they delay a game 6+ months,then release it with missing features,no dlc and at full retail price when the other console versions are $40 or less lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

To be fair, Bayo 2 is well on its way to outselling the original on 360, and probably on PS3 as well by the time all's said and done.

Yes, it is actually doing good when you put it against the standalone versions of the first game. At the same time, you must remember, the first game wasn't successful enough to get a sequel with 2 versions. This game only gets sales from 1 console and has Bayo 1 included.

Slarvax said:

I'm pretty sure they realised that in the GC era.

Which is hurting them now still. Unless they pull a Wii, the consoles will continue to do bad unless the cycle can be broken.

So basically, Nintendo as it stands is a console for only Nintendo games. and their fans only see, to be interested in Nintendo games...........

Now what of if Nintendo did go third party like Sega, wouldn't Nintendo be better off if their games like Mario, Zelda, Mario kart and SSB sold over 20M each on two platforms?

I dunno, but I think Zelda and Mario kart will run pretty well on the PS4 or XB1. and Nintendo stands to make a lot of money going forward. they can keep making the 3ds or handhelds.

*Sound Of Rain said:
KLXVER said:

Ill give you W101, but Bayonetta 2 isnt doing aweful. Not great, but the people who love it REALLY love it.

Bayonetta 2 is certainly doing better than TW101 did but it still isn't doing too well. This is especially the case because it comes with the first game which was even more money put into the game. It doesn't matter is the game is perfect, sales don't reflect awesome results. Not terrible but still just alright.

Throw in Devils 3rd and that's 3 games that probably did less than expected. (although, to be fair, this has yet to be seen)

so you know what nintendo expected? W101 was cheap game an bayo2 too, they will make back the money. and nintendo didnt need topsaler, they needed more high quality games because they had problems bringing games to the wiiu and thats what they got.

Nintendo's problems are Nintendo's fault. If Nintendo wants the audience that buys more than just mario and zelda, then they need to do something about it. You can't blame consumers for not wanting to buy something.