By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - China has just banned the burqa in its biggest Muslim city

Good for China.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

China is too big a country to fall into an extremist conflict. They are very protective against extremist attacks and I'm sure they will try and flood the Muslim areas with han Chinese.

Banning the burqa and Niqab is the right thing. Truly evil inventions

padib said:

"and authorities in the Xinjiang city of Karamy barred anyone wearing burqas, niqabs, hijabs or simply “large beards” from taking public buses."

That's sad. Fundamental Islam can lead to violent fanaticism, but not all fundamentalists are fanatics.

It's another sign of increased religious intolerance around the world, and as a Christian I am against it, even if it doesn't affect my personal religion. Freedom is a value of many progressive countries. But none will stand against this.

As a Catholic I encourage it. Look at what us catholics have done in the past.  We murdered millions because they believed something else.  The sooner religion dies the better for our race.  We were all created in the same way whether that be by god or not. Our religions divide us unnecessarily and I believe some religions have been hijacked by men to give them more power over woman. I'll speak for my own, if jesus existed do you really think he'd only want woman to be priests?  I doubt it. 

well china is atheist so its fair imo

Around the Network

Good. All religious symbols should be banned everywhere except for property directly related to that religion.

padib said:

"and authorities in the Xinjiang city of Karamy barred anyone wearing burqas, niqabs, hijabs or simply “large beards” from taking public buses."

That's sad. Fundamental Islam can lead to violent fanaticism, but not all fundamentalists are fanatics.

It's another sign of increased religious intolerance around the world, and as a Christian I am against it, even if it doesn't affect my personal religion. Freedom is a value of many progressive countries. But none will stand against this.

Most religious intolerance comes from other religions, e.g. muslims against christians and vice versa. 

The problem with most religions these days is twofold: 

- They're monotheistic, i.e. there can only be one God.

- They have a universal message, i.e. everyone not following their God will burn in hell.

Sorry for not liking those religions padib! 

Of course I'm merely talking about the institutions behind said religions now. Not every Christian, Jew* or Muslim thinks this way. 

* The beliefs of Judaism considering afterlife are more complicated than Christianity and Islam though. 

Ka-pi96 said:
padib said:

It is pretty harsh (especially the large beards part), but it makes sense. If you think of it as separate from the religion then people covering their faces when they are in the streets isn't a good thing. They could very well be robbers or something, so from a security standpoint it does make sense.

I'm gonna have to stop going out in winter then.

I hate that thing. Makes women seem like third country citizens and it sucks. Anyways good for China, if their country was there for a specific race of people it should stay that way.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It's understandable in my view and in China's view.