By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Fund Megaman?

Should Nintendo Fund a new Megaman?

Yes, Megaman 11 15 12.71%

Yes, Megaman x9 15 12.71%

Yes, Megaman zero 5 0 0%

Yes, Megaman Legends 3!! 13 11.02%

Yes, A new battle Network 5 4.24%

Yes, Megaman starforce 4 2 1.69%

Yes, any megaman, i dont care 49 41.53%

Whose megaman? 6 5.08%

No, Just let mega man die! (shame on you) 13 11.02%

Total:118
MohammadBadir said:
Skidmore said:
In the Wii era, I loved the Idea of Retro doing a MegaMan using Prime gameplay.

There was a cancelled Megaman game that was being worked on by ex-Retro devs who worked on Metroid Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6tDBfmtcXU

But, alas, Capcom cancelled it -___-

Fuck it Capcom, that 10 seconds air-drop gameplay got me more excited than Halo 5.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Around the Network
Skidmore said:
MohammadBadir said:
Skidmore said:
In the Wii era, I loved the Idea of Retro doing a MegaMan using Prime gameplay.

There was a cancelled Megaman game that was being worked on by ex-Retro devs who worked on Metroid Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6tDBfmtcXU

But, alas, Capcom cancelled it -___-

Fuck it Capcom, that 10 seconds air-drop gameplay got me more excited than Halo 5.

Lol! I know, right? The combination of the amazing Prime gameplay and Mega Man's potential is pretty incredible looking.

Mega Man Legends 3...heck yes! In all its 3d hd glory this title would fill a need on the system for 3d titles. Go for more realism and you could even fill the need for the grittiness that so many people clamor for.

MohammadBadir said:

yes

Nintendo should take Megaman under their P wing. Megaman has so much potential and I think Nintendo can bring it out of him and make him a star again. Capcom doesn't care obviously, Inafune left and is making Megaman-ish games but it's not Megaman. I just feel that he belongs at Nintendo.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Skidmore said:

Lol! I know, right? The combination of the amazing Prime gameplay and Mega Man's potential is pretty incredible looking.

I just don't get them, If they are afraid of too many FPS on others plataforms, do it on the Wii U, it probably won't flop as hard as DMC. 

But a MegaMan game like that of the video would sell in any plataform. Megaman is more popular than Metroid.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
MohammadBadir said:
Skidmore said:

I just don't get them, If they are afraid of too many FPS on others plataforms, do it on the Wii U, it probably won't flop as hard as DMC. 

But a MegaMan game like that of the video would sell in any plataform. Megaman is more popular than Metroid.

Yup. It'd also be fitting for ex-Retro devs to work on Nintendo platforms again :P

I think they should fund Megaman Legends 3 for the Wii U, it cannot be too expensive, it will fill a void in the line-up and is a known franchise so there is less risk. Plus I will buy it in a heartbeat

Heck yes! Maybe Legends 3 or X9 will actually happen if Ninty does that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm sure the problem with Megaman comes half from Capcom not having the right creators to make a decent Megaman title (most of them abandoned the company) and the other half Capcom's bosses still having a grudge with the IP. The problem is not the money (how expensive is making a 2D platformer nowadays?) is the talent behind it. Nintendo should DEVELOPE the hypothetical title.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.