By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think my PS4 just broke? New PS4 virus going around. PS4 users beware!

So you're not going to use the warranty to get the console fixed or replaced, and you will just go and buy another one later on? That's really silly. You should get the PS4 fixed, and if it doesn't get fixed then it needs to be replaced at the manufacturer's expense. If it is a fairly well known problem then they can't claim you're faking them out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I had this problem 2 weeks ago. When I google they say it's because the "eject" button my be faulty or stock. I had play with the eject button to try to "unstock" it. After that it worked fine and I never use the eject button to eject a disk again. I use the control to eject every discs

I'm pretty sure it's just a faulty disc drive, which would be covered by the Manufacturer Warranty which exists for the first year.

So a shame, bad luck, but not the end of the world.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kyuu said:
bunchanumbers said:
Only consoles I trust are Nintendo consoles. I'm still on my original NES, SNES, N64 as well. I had a issue with my GCN but that was my fault and I fixed it and its running like new. Same with Wii and Wii U. Nintendo should build crappy hardware like Sony did with the PS2 and the DREs. I went through 3 ps2s.

Either you've got a bad luck or I'm the lucky guy here. Not a single Playstation system I owned has ever given me trouble. Neither did any Sony product for the matter.

You have to be the luckiest person in history. I burned through multiple PS1s and PS2s I've ended up owning over 6 consoles between the 2 and the only one that still lives is the psOne I bought after the rails burned out on my 2 fat ps1s.

Have you tried opening the hard drive cover and tightening the eject screw in the tiny vent on the side? My sibling had the eject ps4 issue as well and I used this method and it's worked for over a year now!

Around the Network

Had same problem, kept happening over and over for weeks, till i removed the little rubber grip thing under the eject button, hasn't happened in almost a year now

Note if u remove it u dont rip it or break it off, it literally just pops out and can be easily placed back if u want

i have my console vertically btw

That explains the high sales.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

bunchanumbers said:
Kyuu said:
bunchanumbers said:
Only consoles I trust are Nintendo consoles. I'm still on my original NES, SNES, N64 as well. I had a issue with my GCN but that was my fault and I fixed it and its running like new. Same with Wii and Wii U. Nintendo should build crappy hardware like Sony did with the PS2 and the DREs. I went through 3 ps2s.

Either you've got a bad luck or I'm the lucky guy here. Not a single Playstation system I owned has ever given me trouble. Neither did any Sony product for the matter.

You have to be the luckiest person in history. I burned through multiple PS1s and PS2s I've ended up owning over 6 consoles between the 2 and the only one that still lives is the psOne I bought after the rails burned out on my 2 fat ps1s.

Have had all major consoles (15m+) since NES. PS2 is original fat, 14 years old, never had a problem and was used constantly. PS1 was also original and did not break.

The problems started in 7th gen. 360s broke all the time, PS3 broke a few times. One day was particularly bad where 2 360s and a PS3 died in a 24 hour span. I think it has more to do with being closer to PCs. Most of my PCs become junk after 10 years, some after 5.

Farsala said:
bunchanumbers said:
Kyuu said:
bunchanumbers said:

Have had all major consoles (15m+) since NES. PS2 is original fat, 14 years old, never had a problem and was used constantly. PS1 was also original and did not break.

The problems started in 7th gen. 360s broke all the time, PS3 broke a few times. One day was particularly bad where 2 360s and a PS3 died in a 24 hour span. I think it has more to do with being closer to PCs. Most of my PCs become junk after 10 years, some after 5.

I've had problems since the PS1 sadly. You can do stuff to keep them running, like put them on their side or upside down but eventually the rails went out. I burned through 2 PS1s that way until I got a PSOne. That one still works to this day. PS2 was DREs and eventually the laser it self would give out. I even learned how to take a PS2 apart to clean it out and clean the laser to make the DREs go a way for a while but eventually the lasers gave out on those too. Spent too much on Sony machines that would just die out.

enditall727 said:

I just knew this BULLSHIT was going to happen eventually..

.. FUCKING KNEW IT! SMGDH!

Ok so about 10 minutes ago, I was awoken by my PS4 being turned on. So I immediately thought that I must've turned over and hit the PS button on the controller since the DS4 is laying beside me on the bed.

So I then see that the DS4 is a good little bit away from me and the bar light is completely off so I then say "uhhh.. yea... I'm pretty sure I didn't just turn this on". So I immediately think " oh lord.. has the dreaded moment finally happened? Has my PS4 found some way to break itself like I had a feeling would eventually happen?" And I look at the PS4 only to see PVZ Garden Warfare ejected. 

By this time I started to notice that I kept hearing the eject noise. So basically my PS4 JUST FUCKING RANDOMLY caught some wack ass'd auto-disc-reject bug.. #LAME

I mean there is NOTHING that I did wrong with the PS4. It's been sitting upwards with the eject and power button facing the ceiling since the day I bought the PS4(The white Destiny PS4 bundlein September). I haven't moved it out of that spot AT ALL. And now this random shit just starts happening OUT OF KNOWERE! LIKE WTF!!

So I then google "PS4 auto disc eject" or something like that and I see that this has happened to other people. I'm also seeing people say things like " this happened to me 3 months ago, I fixed it, and now its happening again." Oh lord! Is this what I'm in for?

I also dont have a warranty. I feel like they are useless because if something happens to your console, its going to keep happening. So you might aswell just get a completely new system rather than sending it in only to have the same problem arise again a few months later.

Lol.. I actually had to look up a "fix" for a system that should be working perfectly fine. I shouldn't have to look up a FUCKING FIX in the 1st place. 

So I guess that was a fine 3-4 months before seeing problems. I guess I wont be playing Bloodborne and The Order afterall. 

My fellow Playstation people, beware! This shit just tackled me OUT OF KNOWHERE so the same could happen to you. I dont fucking feel like buying another PS4 because I ALREADY BOUGHT ONE THAT SHOULD WORK PROPERLY! I'm not sending SHIT in to Sony only to get a temporary fix.. 

Either way you slice it, I will eventually have to spend another $400+ to get another one.  Over $900 on a single console.. hmm. So I guess have been forced out of #PS4Gang and #TeamPS4. Just gotta take this L(loss) and 

After reading your post a couple of times I get the impression that your trolling? I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt but after reading your post a good few times it makes no sense.

1) You state you have no warranty even though your PS4 is the white Destiny bundle which is what 4 months old. So your lying there or your PS4 is stolen?

2) Clearly you live in a household that things never breakdown in or are never sent back for repair?

3)The title is misleading and down outright wrong!

4) You don't want to send in your PS4 for repair as you don't believe in it will fully fix the problem?

5)Your saying you will have to spent $900 in total if you bought another PS4 whereas you could get yours fixed for free or replaced if it had a common fault?

5) You advise other people to be aware trying to scare people with this bullocks. It could happen to them. I've got my launch day PS4 working fine!