By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LET'S AGREE TO DISAGREE...

Ezquimacore said:

Hello people of the internet. I want you to express yourself like a well mannered user of vgchartz, and with great manners, why you dislike NINTENDO, SONY, MS OR PC. See, as fans and fanboys we have our favorite companies, we also can like other companies... but, there's that one company that we hate for any reason, or 0 reasons at all. With ->respect<-, why do you hate THAT company? Hey, you don't even have to mention the name, just express yourself.

Alot of people dont hate a company. They hate superiority complexes of the companies and "lack of brain" of the users.

You can have all 3 systems and still feel ashamed of being part of a specific consoles userbase.

Around the Network

It's not the companies I can't stand, it is the people that denigrate every other company in attempting to validate their company of choice. Seriously, what is that about?

Why not buy your console and enjoy the experience it gives? Why does it bother you that somebody else has a different opinion to you?

Personally, I prefer Sony products. That doesn't mean I hate, or even dislike Microsoft or Nintendo. I even own a 360 and a wii. I think the wiiU and the XBoxOne are fine pieces of kit and I know some friends who get endless pleasure playing them. Good for them. The PS4 suits my taste in gaming.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

The Playstation is my favorite console brand but I dislike Sony themselves for a few reasons. Sony just doesn't run their brands properly and think because they're Sony or because they're doing well at the time, everyone else will just flock to them to buy their product. At the beginning of every single gen for every console and portable they release, they take a couple years before they really start supporting their consoles. When creating a new console, a smart idea is to start developing games in advance, not waiting until the console has already released then announce that you're just starting to develop a title a year down the line.

I don't like Nintendo as a company, but I do like some of their games, and I like their consoles, especially their portables, for the third party exclusives. Nintendo imo is the cheapest greediest company out there. I haven't liked their gimmicky ideas since the launch of the Wii and DS. I love the DS and the 3DS, but the second screen is almost never anything but a map or menu, even on most games Nintendo has released. Would have preferred the next iteration of the Gameboy with higher graphics quality.

Xbox is pretty much Playstation with fewer exclusives I'm not interested in, a publisher that buys up limited exclusivity, the reason why I have to pay to play online on the PS4(even though I have had PS+ prior to purchasing the PS4 and wouldn't drop it anyways,) and the reason why these damn trophies exist.  I actually like how Nintendo didn't copy the idea of achievements because having them there makes gaming a worse experience. 

I dislike Nintendo the most.

Most of that comes from interacting with their more caustic fans, but their persistent assertions that games should be treated like toys annoys me as someone who chooses to take this medium seriously.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I don't dislike Nintendo, since it was the company that got me into gaming with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. I love those games to death. I don't mean any offense by this, but it's the fanbase. They love the games, sure, and I have nothing against that. But when they state The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game ever created in the history of humankind and no other game will ever come close to it, it just feels like taunting. Maybe subjectively, but there are many games out there that will give it a run for its money. I feel like they say it to annoy the hell out fans of other games, dismissing their liking of their games to say Zelda or Smash are the best thing since sliced bread and nothing will surpass it. Maybe this point of view is skewed, but that's how I see it. Honestly, I personally don't like Zelda or Smash; never seen the appeal to it. Additionally, I don't feel like Nintendo's recent entries feels as fun or quirky as their older games. I'm not saying the Wii or the Wii U are for kids. It's that the games aren't appealing to me.

If you'd ask me 10 years ago why do I hate Microsoft, I'd probably blabber a nonsense rage. Back at high school, I had to face some Xbox fans who would say Halo and their console were the best thing ever. And then I heard about Aaron Greenberg and I hated the console even more. His childish, immature attitude against the competition detracted me from the console even more. Back when the console came out on 2001, I didn't hate it or anything. Whenever I saw a Xbox commercial on TV or ads on the magazines, I just thought "Hmm, nice." and flipped the page. I just think the loudmouth fans messed up its image for me, and I didn't want to be associated to them by buying the console. Then Phil Spencer arrived, and my perspective on Xbox softened up a bit. He might look arrogant, but he's much more respectful and down-to-earth than others. A good mix of everything. I still wouldn't buy an Xbox One, but I respect the guy.

I have a PC (well, a laptop). I use it for web browsing and homework. I also use it to play some old games that can be played with non-intensive hardware. I don't have a gaming rig that can play Crysis in 4K and 120fps. I prefer a controller rather than mouse and keyboard. I just don't appreciate PC fans smothering in everyone's face how they are the "master race" because they can play with near-realistic graphics and seamless framerate, unlike the "peasants", who have to play on a console that's outdated when it releases. I won't be technical here, but that deplorable attitude is why I stay with console gaming.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I don't hate any company. They all are doing stupid and shitty things.

This.

I hate fanboys of most companies, Sony being the most prevalent cause they have the largest fanbase.

I pretty much swore off giving Sony money after they removed Other OS from PS3, which in my mind is the biggest F you to the gaming world ever committed. That in addition to them suing hardware hackers with no legal ground only forcing a court victory due to their war chest of lawyers/money. I am mad at how they pretty much abandoned the Vita and BS about it to this day(Vita owners love indys. )

Im mad at MS for pretty much everything Don Mattrick(sp?), forcing kinect on the userbase when the previous gen showed that there really wasnt much good use for it. Im mad that they tried to turn the industry into an all digital one(though better than Steam).

Im mad at Nintendo for somehow pissing off 3rd parties resulting in less than 30 actual(games where the dev actually tried to make a game not garbage to make a quick buck) games for the Wii. This rolled over into the U. Im mad they have turned to DLC like the other companies out there

I am probably most mad at Valve. Steam pretty much killed PC gaming for me. You cant get retail games in the US because of them. I dont want digital and I cant bring myself to pay more than $10 for something I don't own. Games on Steam used to be super cheap, but with smart shopping you can do just as good or better on console for physical games. Their once awesome winter/summer sales have become nothing special. It kind of like the old adage where Walmart moves in with super low prices, kills all the local businesses, then brings the price back up to where in retrospect it really isn't much better than the out of business locals.

I am mad at the rest of the industry for turning to a nickle and dime model to appease stockholders and pay for overbloated budgeted games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I don't hate any company, though I'm a lot more critical with Nintendo since they were my gaming company of choice since I was a kid and I want them to do better. I have my gripes with MS since I got a 360 and find out that most games I had I didn't enjoy at all, the DRM thing didn't help anything either.

I'm now filled with determination.

Rather than a company, I dislike some games brought by other companies. Example, Sony games are simply not for me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I just generally get annoyed with companies NOT doing things.

Sony NOT making Legend of Dragoon II
Capcom NOT making a proper Breath of Fire VI
Konami NOT making another Suikoden
Square Enix NOT making another Grandia or even remaking an old one
Nintendo NOT making another Mother or least releasing a trilogy collection
Ubisoft NOT making Beyond Good & Evil 2

Of course, I don't hate any of them, I just want games I of series I enjoy.