By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like a remake of Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii U or N3DS?

Tagged games:

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Galaxy controls are perfection and nothing can be improved on it. Skyward Sword controls are also great. I am starting to believe you have some kind of handicap.

Skyward Swords controls were terrible. That's almost universally agreed apon. Galaxy's weren't optimal and would be perfect with a real controller. Why is this still being argued? The Wiimote is dead for a reason, and that reason is that it was shit.

Skyward Sword's controls weren't terrible in my opinion, and it's definitely not universally agreed upon. Galaxy had so perfect controls except some very, very few occurences in the game which could feel like some out of place wall collision, also the only other bad thing I can remember from Galaxy was one stage where, at one point, the camera behaved a bit strange. The stage where you shoot yourself out of a cannon and lands on a mini-Gateway Galaxy starting planet. Also, I, among others, feel something would be ruined without the shake spin etc. It just feels so, what should I call it, free. 

Yep.

Around the Network

Neither, make actual new games instead.

On the upcoming 2016 console, and add Super Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy 2 in for the full collection. Like a 3D Mario Allstars.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Lucas-Rio said:

Lol no, Gamespot reviewer and a few unskilled or unwilling to learn pad fanboys does not count as universal.

Motion controls were great in Skyward Sword, by far the best motion control game  ever.  Mario Galaxy controls were perfect and if you cry because of the only wiimote shaking action that is super easy and natural to do, you really have a problem.

Not a few, not unskilled, and not just Gamespot. There's nothing to learn. The Wiimote was garbage, useless, and now it's dead. If you can't understand why clicking a button is superior to waggle, then there's nothing more to say.

User warned for this post -RavenXtra

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Lol no, Gamespot reviewer and a few unskilled or unwilling to learn pad fanboys does not count as universal.

Motion controls were great in Skyward Sword, by far the best motion control game  ever.  Mario Galaxy controls were perfect and if you cry because of the only wiimote shaking action that is super easy and natural to do, you really have a problem.

Not a few, not unskilled, and not just Gamespot. There's nothing to learn. The Wiimote was garbage, useless, and now it's dead. If you can't understand why clicking a button is superior to waggle, then there's nothing more to say.

You are backward and close minded. There is nothing "superior" in pressing a button in a game Mario Galaxy.

Skyward Sword controls have only one problems, they are too advanced and sophisticated for people like you, unable to do anything else than pressing a button. People like you are holding back gaming. You probably enjoy games like CoD, Destiny and other poor generic games.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I'd like to see you trying to play Trauma Center only with buttons.

If the controls in Skyward Sword sucked that's because the Zelda team did a poor job, which would explain why blocking is broken in the game and that has nothing to do with motion controls.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

If you were "waggling" the controller, you were playing it wrong. Sorry to say, but that makes your argument kind of on the stupid side.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

would be nice, but i'd rather see Galaxy 3.

Favorite games of all time:

1. Halo 2

2. Uncharted 2

3. The Last of Us

4. Read Dead Redemption

5. Dark Souls

For my money, the Wii controls in Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword were superb, and a remake with pre-7th gen controls would diminish their greatness.

Yes I would love that! A remake of most of Nintendo's best games would be great.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54