By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like a remake of Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii U or N3DS?

Tagged games:

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Galaxy controls are already perfection.

No, they aren't. Definitely not bad like Skyward Sword, but definitely not perfection.

Galaxy controls are perfection and nothing can be improved on it. Skyward Sword controls are also great. I am starting to believe you have some kind of handicap.

Around the Network

I bet that almost 90% of the current Wii U owners have played SMG or SMG 2 on the Wii already.

As a remake won't and shouldn't affect the perfect gameplay most Nintendo fans won't care that much about updated graphics...

But SMG 3 would be a totally different story. Yes please. Mario 3D Worlds was a fine game but not as satisfying as SMG or SMG2...

There's people (like me) who don't like the Wiimote. I think it is ergonomically really bad and definitely it is not really accurate. I can play half an hour at best with that thing.

That said, Wii U just is fully backwards compatible so i really dont see need for any Wii remake at all right now.

Some GC or N64 games? Sure. Another Mario? Not really. At least not yet. There's NSMBU, Mario 3D World and Mario Maker is just around the corner.

Lucas-Rio said:
spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Galaxy controls are already perfection.

No, they aren't. Definitely not bad like Skyward Sword, but definitely not perfection.

Galaxy controls are perfection and nothing can be improved on it. Skyward Sword controls are also great. I am starting to believe you have some kind of handicap.

Yep. 

Nothing beats WiiMote(+)/Nunchuck. 

It takes so much more skill and thus is so much more satisfying...

Lucas-Rio said:
Nintendo should not do a lot of New 3DS only games, it is a very small userbase and their software will sell much less.

Guess what: as both are ARM designs and the New 3DS is 100% backwards compatible nothing hinders developers using upgraded graphics when running on the New 3DS...

I wouldn't be surprised if a game can even have two differenct executables for 3DS and New 3DS...

Around the Network

WiiU, I am sick of the 3DS

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Lucas-Rio said:

Skyward Swords controls were terrible. That's almost universally agreed apon. Galaxy's weren't optimal and would be perfect with a real controller. Why is this still being argued? The Wiimote is dead for a reason, and that reason is that it was shit.

I wouldn't say no to a remaster, but it would have to be for Wii U. Double pack with SMG2 is what I think they'd make if they were to release this. Gamepad support would be fine, but I'd prefer Wii Remote + Nunchuk. I just feel so... free, while playing SMG.. Part of why I love the game so much. One of my personally most hyped games of all time.

But now I get carried away.. I'd much rather see a SMG3, or another 120-star-esque 3D Mario. If they can once again make such a perfect game, I'd be thrilled beyond my imaginations.

Yep.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Skyward Swords controls were terrible. That's almost universally agreed apon. Galaxy's weren't optimal and would be perfect with a real controller. Why is this still being argued? The Wiimote is dead for a reason, and that reason is that it was shit.

Lol no, Gamespot reviewer and a few unskilled or unwilling to learn pad fanboys does not count as universal.

Motion controls were great in Skyward Sword, by far the best motion control game  ever.  Mario Galaxy controls were perfect and if you cry because of the only wiimote shaking action that is super easy and natural to do, you really have a problem.

I own the game, I can play it anytime on the Wii U. So sincerely, I don't want energy and resources on a HD port of it.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804