By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 27 December 2014

Xevross said:
Dr.Vita said:
Vita is not as dead as everyone is thinking. Europe is ok and Japan is good. Just North America is dead. :(

Say what you like, 92k in one of the biggest weeks of the year is absolutely appalling

Of course Crash, but it could be worse.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

Of course Crash, but it could be worse.

Not much worse, its just about matching PSP's numbers from last holiday and PSP was discontinued the following year

ExplodingBlock said:
thelalaby said:

You forgot that Mario Kart 8 released last year too, and that one is likely to remain the biggest title to ever release on the Wii U. Do you honestly believe Yoshi and Kirby compare to MK8 in terms of sales and influence?

MK8 came out after E3

When I said YoY I meant from January to E3, since I was talking about when it will hit 10m

Wrong.

What makes you think Wii U will be up 20% YOY though? That is, of course, assuming it doesn't get adjusted down once we get official data... the last Yoshi and Kirby titles did only okay on the 3DS, and even back in the Wii days, Kirby barely scratched 2 million worldwide. To put things into perspective even more, Wii U was up by less than 5% YOY in November in the US, you know in the month that Smash U released, not to mention that it was down massively in Japan in November and December over last year.

Really, I'm curious. I'd love to hear what makes you so sure about this.

DerNebel said:
tak13 said:
DerNebel said:

Wanna know about something that we can probably all agree is actually overtracked this week? Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U in the US!

Seriously just look at this, what the hell is supposed to be the reason for that?

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Weekly&game[]=Ninja+Gaiden+3%3A+Razor%27s+Edge+%28WiiU%29+[70797]&game[]=&game[]=&game[]=

Have you ever heard the word ''firesale''?

Lol, yeah sure. A 2 year old game sells more in 1 week than it sold in its first full year because of a "firesale".

Why don't you ask ioi?He will answer you,if you saw it today he answered you on a thread of yours for something...Do it!

DerNebel said:

Lol, yeah sure. A 2 year old game sells more in 1 week than it sold in its first full year because of a "firesale".

I'm sure ioi had some reason to believe it sold that well. Why else would he add that much sales on to a dead game?

Around the Network

Wii U and Xbox One are overtracked. PS4 is close enough being as we already know how it is supposed to end.

thelalaby said:
ExplodingBlock said:
thelalaby said:

You forgot that Mario Kart 8 released last year too, and that one is likely to remain the biggest title to ever release on the Wii U. Do you honestly believe Yoshi and Kirby compare to MK8 in terms of sales and influence?

MK8 came out after E3

When I said YoY I meant from January to E3, since I was talking about when it will hit 10m

Wrong.

What makes you think Wii U will be up 20% YOY though? That is, of course, assuming it doesn't get adjusted down once we get official data... the last Yoshi and Kirby titles did only okay on the 3DS, and even back in the Wii days, Kirby barely scratched 2 million worldwide. To put things into perspective even more, Wii U was up by less than 5% YOY in November in the US, you know in the month that Smash U released, not to mention that it was down massively in Japan in November and December over last year.

I believe he was talking about it coming close to the same time of e3. One week of good sales does not cover for 5 months of "bad" sales. Aside from Christmas, that always does the trick.

thelalaby said:

Wrong.

My mistake about Mk8 coming out after E3, but I am still sure it can sell 1m before E3

More Games=More Boosts

Mk8 had one big boost, but about a week before E3

MP10 and Mario Maker will provide very nice sales boosts for Wii U

Also you compare Kirby on the Wii, but as you may have forgotten, Wii U has insane attach rates

Yoshi and Kirby will also provide some boosts, not nearly as big as the other games, but still enough to get Wii U above 10m before June

PS4 numbers make sense although X1 seems a bit too high.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

So its safe to say PSVita will hit 10m before Wii U?