By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - German Charts Week 1 2015: Captain Toad at #1

Did it get a firesale?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Color me surprised. Well done Toad.

What the!

That was unexpected! It's either a slow week or Toad is the new Mario.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Yay for Cpt. Toad!

Around the Network

Wait, so Captain Bomb went from 52nd to 1st? It released on the 2nd of January....would that be included in Week 52 or Week 1? Because if the 2nd of January was for Week 1, does that mean that it released a week earlier at some retailers, and sold enough to chart at 52? Lol, that's amazing if it's the case. Yay for Toad!

forethought14 said:
Wait, so Captain Bomb went from 52nd to 1st? It released on the 2nd of January....would that be included in Week 52 or Week 1? Because if the 2nd of January was for Week 1, does that mean that it released a week earlier at some retailers, and sold enough to chart at 52? Lol, that's amazing if it's the case. Yay for Toad!

Yes, +#52 is from the broken street date.  CoD: AW on PC was on #13 a week too early.

tak13 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

going by performance

looks like it did 25k +

CELBRATION!Now,I m looking forward to france's sales chart!It must done similarly good and it must debuted 1st there too!

Dear officer does this mean that we will see a hardware boost in the first week of 2015 for wii u in Europe?:P

Well, I also think the game will sell very well in France in comparison to other countries. I'm not so sure of it hitting #1 though, since it was available in like half of the big retailers on Dec 19th (with some others starting to sell it on Dec 20th, 23rd....).

The sales may really be split, so it'll hurt it's ranking on 2015 week1 but it did more sales than it would if it wasn't available before christmas, so I guess it's better that way (more sales but maybe not #1 on week1 2015).

I may be wrong and the game will still hit #1 on week1, but I just want to tell you can't be sure of it reaching it either right now ;)

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

Heh, pretty funny to see such a small game top any chart in this age of grand AAA epics. Haven't gotten Toad myself though, but I reckon it's a lot of fun. This should be a very leggy game, should reach a million WW. Germany is always kind towards Nintendo, as is France usually. PlayStation dominates, of course, but going by these software charts alone it doesn't look that bad for Nintendo.

That's 3 weeks of sales since it hit shelves early