By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: Updated with Media Create and Famitsu to Dec 28.

POE said:
bubblegamer said:
POE said:
Ouch the PS4 is selling really bad.

At least it has something to look out for

Yeah i know, greatness awaits right?

Yes i like a bright future. I'm sure i'll reminisce when i get older though.

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:

LTD in its fourth year (cut off at week51 of respective years)
3DS 17.628.715 (2014)
PS2 13.814.495 (2003)

YTD 4th year (cut off at week51 of respective years)
3DS 2.934.704 (2014)
PS2 2.809.795 (2003)

YTD 3rd year
3DS 4.722.616 (2013)
PS2 3.732.020 (2002)
GBA 3.613.269 (2003)

3DS is performing pretty good compared to the other big sellers, it is everything else that is performing horribly, prior there was one or two other systems performing great besides the market leader, that is just not the case anymore.

WiiU week45 (Famitsu):

PS4 week45 LTD (Famitsu):
925.570 (Famitsu)

Launches aligned, the PS4 is also performing worse than the WiiU, however when taking into account that the WiiU launch in the Holiday seasons as well as the software available on each platform and the price; the PS4 is doing well compared to it.

Japan as a whole is getting pretty depressing, the UK, Germany and France are becoming more important markets than it, and is just going to get worse.

So about 3DS,by seeing these,what's your lt prediction for it in Japan?

All up except 3DS and XB1. Not terrible.

However, it is disappointing if you compare it to the previous year.

Omg captain toad already passed 100k

English is not my native language

bubblegamer said:
POE said:
bubblegamer said:
POE said:
Ouch the PS4 is selling really bad.

At least it has something to look out for

Yeah i know, greatness awaits right?

Yes i like a bright future. I'm sure i'll reminisce when i get older though.

Knowing Japan being a hell hole for games

no console will have a future imo(hopefully wrong though)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Why is Wii U up alot?

tak13 said:

So about 3DS,by seeing these,what's your lt prediction for it in Japan?

21m-22m.

With the amount of games coming, hopefully 2015 is a much better year for home console gaming in Japan.

Aerys said:
tak13 said:
bubblegamer said:
Ouch WiiU really down. PS4 sales are ok with how little games it has right now. PS Vita is also down. Wonder if it will get a price anytime soon!

But wii u was week over week up,26k down is low and being above ps4 and especially outselling psvita for fourth straight week,i.e for the whole december in JAPAN is great,while some expect it to drop like a rock and be below ps4 and psvita for that week...!

Objectively,the ouch should go to ps4...If you can't see that isn't good,I can't say anything!See you in 2015...for the over-used argument of little games...

Though he is right , you dont know what youre talking about , its next week PS4 should be above, and thé fact you dont want to understand PS4 cant sell better without enough games ( while WiiU already had 2 biggest nintendo system seller, still its selling less than least year)shows your agenda ts next week that PS4

I read this last week and the week before that. 

Wii U 2013 - 880088
Wii U 2014 - 604856

The decline is real

English is not my native language