By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is a Bull

I don't get how lower oil prices affects Nintendo.
And Sony is probably on hold cause their other divisions like the mobile one are doing pretty badly. Nothing to do with Playstation.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

People seems to forget that Sony is not just PS4

Ok, the PS4 is doing great, but Vita is a dissapointment and other Sony divisions - cameras, phones, tvs - are not doing good... didn´t they close their notebook division not long ago? Didn´t they had a big layoff recently? And how many consecutive years have they been getting losses? 3? 4?
That´s why their stock is in "hold". People still want to see what Sony will do to revert this situation

Nintendo seems to have broken the cycle of losses in recent years, so investitors may feel "a little" confident about them now.

You should've included the rest of the article, 'cause that's where the important stuff is.

MoHasanie said:
I don't get how lower oil prices affects Nintendo.
And Sony is probably on hold cause their other divisions like the mobile one are doing pretty badly. Nothing to do with Playstation.

Cheaper shipping costs and more disposable income for consumers.  The magnitude of that for Nintendo is hard to say though.

bdbdbd said:

How come cheap oil hurt more than help? Cheaper shipping costs and cheaper cost of manufacture due to cheaper energy and cheaper plastic is only going to leave more money into Nintendo's pocket as far as I'm aware.

I'm talking about the big picture, not just nintendo. But everything is connected

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
bdbdbd said:

How come cheap oil hurt more than help? Cheaper shipping costs and cheaper cost of manufacture due to cheaper energy and cheaper plastic is only going to leave more money into Nintendo's pocket as far as I'm aware.

I'm talking about the big picture, not just nintendo. But everything is connected

Cheap oil is still good, except for heavy industry, resource-based economies, and the financial sector, but this is offset by increased retail strength and disposable income.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

DamnTastic said:
bdbdbd said:

...And how is cheap oil hurting in the big picture? If you're talking about evinronmental issues, cheap oil usually indicates low demand.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
DamnTastic said:
bdbdbd said:

...And how is cheap oil hurting in the big picture? If you're talking about evinronmental issues, cheap oil usually indicates low demand.

I'm talking about the real big picture big companies and countries calculated their financial year and next year(s) with the price of oil around 90-100$.

bdbdbd said:
^Umm... Downsizing and becoming an independent publisher is an option that could boost the syock value and lead ti bigger profits, so I don't think the market would see that as a bad option. A little more than decade ago analysts kept ranting Nintendo going 3rd party which was based on the potential of bigger sales.

Downsizing and becoming an independent publisher would see an initial drop in stock prices as people jump ship just like we saw with Sega. This would be terrible if you purchased stock now.

However, after most of those ship jumpers have gone and the price has settled down, it would be an excellent time to buy stock since we know that to be a profitable move eventually. Depending on whether or not they (Nintendo) downsized with enough resources to make the transformation without bankruptcy. But they'd never go through bankruptcy as that would require selling off assets which includes IPs like Mario and such.

Teeqoz said:
You should've included the rest of the article, 'cause that's where the important stuff is.

Ok. Done.