By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What you think of gamers who afford every system, every gen?

I owned PSX, Sega Saturn and N64.   Then PS2, DC, GC and XBox. Then PS3 and 360. I didn't buy Wii, not for me. This gen I only have PS4; so disappointed by X1 and WiiU.  I will buy the next Gen Nintendo Home Console if Nintendo put some more effort in delivering new concepts and ideas.  It' gonna be a day one if they will have a Launch title like Mario 64 was for Nintendo64.   And I'm pretty sure I will buy also the next MS Console; I'm pretty sure that MS have learnt a lesson and will release a better machine after this XOne.  They need a winning formula on Day one, not a 'corrective strategy' after 'corrective strategy' to put patches left and right, up and down, to retrieve something badly conceived since the beginning.

So, back on Topic, I can afford all consoles, but I only buy the ones I do care about, of course.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

gf would kill me.. thats a great reason to not have them all... Now if you would ask me if i would rather spend time with my gf or my consoles.. lets just say I wished one of them also had a power button to shut it off..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Mystro-Sama said:

I could have all 3 if I really wanted to but what sense would it make? I barely have time for my PS4 and Wii U much less a third console, not to mention I could do something else with the cash. This is the same reason I don't have a gaming PC either.

pretty much this

Space and time have been more important to me than the price of the consoles since I ceased to be a teenager. I tend to stick to PS consoles for continuity and familiarity. I could buy an X1 and Wii U right now but I'm not quite sure what I'd be using them for not to mention I already have so many electronics including a ps3 and Ps4 in my small 1-bedroom apartment.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Afford all consoles? Easily. Buying a lot of games for all? Same.
But it's a dilemma - when I was young I only had 1 system a gen with only a few games (well, always about 20, though ;)). Then I got my PC and played a lot of games there and discovered emulators which gave me the option to play a hell lot of games. I finished games for the systems I owned but didn't get, finished games from the competition and played shooters and StarCraft on PC. This was the time without much money but a lot of free-time.
Nowadays I have a lot of money but in relation close to no time for gaming

Around the Network

It's their money and their life. I say they should buy whatever the fuck they want!

But there is something you can't buy with money... time.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I have always bought every system and when you put it into perspective gaming is not an expensive hobby.a $300 to $500 is not that expensive anymore. Hell my electric bills are that much every month in the winter. You buy a console that for the most part gives you at least 5 years of solid gameplay ( outside of the the most underated console ever the Dreamcast ). Then you buy a game for $60 that can give you hundreds of ours of entertainment. Hell you can spend $20 at the movie theater and get an hour and a half out of it.

I envy their wide range of games they like.

As many people here, I could afford all consoled, but what's the point? I don't like Nintendo games, why would I buy a Wii U? I don't like sci-fi shooters, so why would I buy an X1, if most of its exclusives are sci-fi shooters? People who have all consoles must really like all types of games and that's wonderful. Or a sh*t ton of cash. That's something to envy too.

Affording it, really isn't the question imo. Provided you have a steady job, and depending on your pay rate, the possibility to do OT, saving up and purchasing all the consoles, and building your own gaming PC is really a manageable task for a great many people (difficulty level raises as relationships and/or children enter the picture). Really the issue is, how do they find the time? As it is, I spend a ton of time on my PC and PS4, I couldn't really imagine adding in two other systems to that equation. It's not that I don't have the 'time' for that much gaming, it's more that I don't want to invest extra time to it, and I don't want to ration my current time further.

But for those who do, more power to 'em. I don't usually care about what other people do with their time, as long as it follows societies standards (ergo, doesn't harm other people/negatively impact other peoples lives etc...)

I don't really see the point in owning all of 'em. Mainly, because of obvious time constraints. Even if you only play the exclusives on each console then play 3rd party games on your preferred console, there's not enough time for it unless you're one of those pro gamers. Even still, your social life would suffer.

Realistically, I could see someone owning a pc and their preferred console if money wasn't an issue. That way they could enjoy the platforms that they want more effectively.

Owner of all consoles, master of none.