By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Now Subscription Pricing Brings In Mixed Reactions From Users

Lyrikalstylez said:
What happened when $50 was a years subscription ?
Screw this shit

PS+ is a different service. This is PS Now.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I wouldn't find the value of it because I have gamefly already so most of not all these games I can get through that on my brothers ps3.but if it was like 70$ a year and worked properly(not sure if it works 100 percent well, I'm not trolling) then I would pounce on this so hard.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Yay i want to try it out I hope the service soon includes ps1 games... With a 20/20 Mbit connection , i,m ready And what's with all the haters?

I agree with the opening post in that this is great for people getting to know their new console.  Comparing it to a service like gamefly isn't fair because they are too different animals.  It is awful if you look at an annual cost because people like more control over what games they have for their consoles.  The ala carte of ownership will always trump the sampler style which is being presented here.  It does have a market... just not a very big one.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Don't know why people are complaining, this is definitely a fair price.

Around the Network

$15 is the price for a large pizza in nyc. $44.99 or $15 for 3 months is like a PS Now diet.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'd be willing to do a month but I can't imagine all the games will appeal to me. However I have a PS3 so i would be more inclined to use that 180 towards buying used on Ebay. Could be the service will be great but I will never get to experience it since my internet is sub-par (the price of privacy living out in the middle of nowhere).

Lyrikalstylez said:
What happened when $50 was a years subscription ?
Screw this shit

That's for PS+, which hasn't changed.

Soonerman said:
If thus came as part of the PS+ service at no additional cost it'd be worth it. As a stand alone this is way inferior to EA's Access and not worth the extra price.

LOL I forgot about Sony cockblocking EA's service. No freaking wonder they did that.

I hope they don't need a lot of subscribers to maintain this, I can't see them getting many with that high price and list of games. If they're truly going for people who don't own PS consoles then they need to price it lower. If someone is remotely interested in gaming, has great Internets, and has $180 a year to blow, they probably already own a console.

Given how much this relies on your internet connection and that there are definitely drawbacks like more delay (whether you feel it or not) and worse picture quality...
I will wait for a test for myself until I make a decision but this might take a while since I am living in EU.