By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Consoles Sales For Dec 20th.

Dark_Feanor said:
Either VGChartz is undertraking the PS4 or it´s lost its tunder against the Wii, which did almost 1.5M in 2007 at the similar week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39439/Global/

I don't think it's particularily unlikely that we have the PS4 500k undertracked, if not more. And tbh did anybody realistically expect the PS4 to keep up short term with the Wii, considering it sold 24m in it's second year? Even the more positive of us on here seem to think ~22m is it's ceiling for next year, however I do think it will make it back the year after as I expect the peak to be year 3, with 25m PS4's sold.

Around the Network
Groundking said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Either VGChartz is undertraking the PS4 or it´s lost its tunder against the Wii, which did almost 1.5M in 2007 at the similar week.

I don't think it's particularily unlikely that we have the PS4 500k undertracked, if not more. And tbh did anybody realistically expect the PS4 to keep up short term with the Wii, considering it sold 24m in it's second year? Even the more positive of us on here seem to think ~22m is it's ceiling for next year, however I do think it will make it back the year after as I expect the peak to be year 3, with 25m PS4's sold.

Well, many here belived and made projections based on Wii first year and LTD. 

And I belive that unless the PS4 get a massive price cut in the third year, there is very little chance of even reaching 20M for one full year.

Dark_Feanor said:
Groundking said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Well, many here belived and made projections based on Wii first year and LTD. 

And I belive that unless the PS4 get a massive price cut in the third year, there is very little chance of even reaching 20M for one full year.

It's going to hit 16m this year with 'no games' and a lackluster Japanese market. Natural YOY growth+More games+more Japanese games will see it break 20m next year. And then when GT7 and FFXV hit in 2016 it's going to be monstrous.

Wow another great week for the PS4/XB1! Good week for the 3DS....everything else......meh....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Groundking said:

It's going to hit 16m this year with 'no games' and a lackluster Japanese market. Natural YOY growth+More games+more Japanese games will see it break 20m next year. And then when GT7 and FFXV hit in 2016 it's going to be monstrous.

That is the catche, I don´t think there is a "Natural growth" set in stone or a fixed pattern that all consoles are to repeat.

The Wii curve is completely different from the PS3 and XOne and eventhought the last two are similar they have their own structure. And the 6th generation pattern didn´t reflected in the next.

I think "Saturation Point" can also explain how consoles sales should be analised. Off corse is possible the PS4 reach 200M and the XOne reach 100M if they repeat their predecessors "natural growth", based on their first year. However, a lot of things can happen in just a single year. Both consoles could have shorter life cycles (I belive they will at best have 5 years before the next generation).

PS4 sold so well during the year that is not a surprise its hollydays sales didn´t reach those of the Wii or the best months of PS3 and 360 (2010-2012)... or VGChartz is wrong. 

As I said before, 2014 was the perfect storm for the PS4 even without major exclusive games. Things will be different this year, starting with the price of it´s biggest (only?) competitor.

Around the Network

If we have a price cut along with GTA6 ps4 could do monstrous sale

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
If we have a price cut along with GTA6 ps4 could do monstrous sale

But it doesn't need a pricecut 8-)

Dark_Feanor said:
Groundking said:

That is the catche, I don´t think there is a "Natural growth" set in stone or a fixed pattern that all consoles are to repeat.

The Wii curve is completely different from the PS3 and XOne and eventhought the last two are similar they have their own structure. And the 6th generation pattern didn´t reflected in the next.

I think "Saturation Point" can also explain how consoles sales should be analised. Off corse is possible the PS4 reach 200M and the XOne reach 100M if they repeat their predecessors "natural growth", based on their first year. However, a lot of things can happen in just a single year. Both consoles could have shorter life cycles (I belive they will at best have 5 years before the next generation).

PS4 sold so well during the year that is not a surprise its hollydays sales didn´t reach those of the Wii or the best months of PS3 and 360 (2010-2012)... or VGChartz is wrong. 

As I said before, 2014 was the perfect storm for the PS4 even without major exclusive games. Things will be different this year, starting with the price of it´s biggest (only?) competitor.

Ehhh different in the fact that sales will grow IMO. It has a stronger game line-up now with more coming this year. It will more than likely get a small $50 price cut sometime this year. So I expect this year to be much better for the PS4 then last year and I also expect the XB1 to have a much better year. I still think the PS4 won't have any comp sales wise WW though. And I personally am just waiting until then EN dof Jan and the month of Feb to see more of what teh XB1 sales will really look like in US/UK without all these amazing deals. Then it will paint a better picture of things to come and what will happen for both consoles. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Numbers are better for me than the fake numbers made last night. Looks like November USA numbers were better for the X1s ratio over the PS4 as compared to December. January should sway back towards PS4 even more.

phinch1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
These numbers actually do show up on VGC, not fake this time

Some very good numbers for PS/Xbox

Haha I put up those fake numbers earlier, but tbf I really wasn't that far off!

You were way high on Wii U. You guessed 422,000 . And gave it a much better sales ratio than vgc's. ;-P