By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the Most Overrated Game You've Played and Disliked?

sundin13 said:
Mass Effect 1 and Red Dead Redemption were both massively flawed in my opinion. RDR is certainly not deserving of the praise it gets, and while ME1 isn't as praised as ME2 (for good reason), even the praise it does have is far too much (imo)

Wow RDR is one of my favorite games of all time... my favorite of last gen.  What did you find flawed about it?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

The Legend of Zelda (readys flame shield): Ocarina of Time (raises flame shield)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Diablo 3

I'd have to go with any GTA game. Rockstar puts a phenomenal amount of effort into them and much respect from me for that, but I just find them to be unbearably boring and immature. I've tried to get into them, but I't just the complete opposite of what I look for in games.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

The original Bioshock - every aspect of that game was a disappointment to me. Atmosphere was great but everything else sucked - especially gameplay mechanics. And I didn't enjoy story at all..

And the second one is Velocity on Vita - I totally don't get what's supposed to be so special about that game, felt like an average 2D shooter

Around the Network

I have two, Persona 3 and 4. I have no idea why people think they're so great.

IkePoR said:

Idea taken from spemanig. Check out his thread here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196033

Overrated in terms of general concensus.  Ex: reviewers of Skyward Sword laud the game and believe it to be a masterpiece, many going as far to have it rated 10/10.  Meanwhile I dispise the title; I'm one of the folks that has no issues with the controls but dislike SS for many other reasons.  Fi and all of her annoyances, The Imprisoned, the stamina meter, the unskippable/unbareably slow text and cutscenes, the filler, and many more.  

How about you all?

I thought the stamina meter was awesome, brought us the most agile Link ever, although Nintendo approached it to do simple puzzles.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

This is the oldest thread in the world :P
I'd say in order:
1.) Little Big Planet
2.) Uncharted
3.) Halo

3D Mario (except 3D World) and 3D Zelda (except OoT) in general. I guess I just dont like 3D games that much. The controls often annoy me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Half-Life 2.

Any Zelda title.