By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Forms New Xbox Team Working on “Top-Secret” Projects to “Push the Envelope” of Kinect Tech

The Xbox One’s Kinect is definitely a big evolution from its first iteration, and looks like Microsoft is planning to deliver as much as possible with it, going as far as forming a brand new team working on super-secret stuff for the purpose, as revealed by a career opportunity ad for a Senior Software Engineer.Changing the world with technology takes a special kind of person in just the right environment.   At Microsoft, Xbox and Xbox LIVE forever changed living room entertainment by connecting people with each other and the entertainment they love. Then we turned around and created Kinect, which redefines how people interact with their entertainment in new ways every day. And we’re just beginning.

It’s hard to imagine what this team would work on. Kinect’s tech has a lot of potential, even if it encountered fierce opposition by many, who prefer to keep gaming with buttons. Will the new team manage to persuade the naysayers?

Time will tell, but something is brewing at Microsoft.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/03/microsoft-forms-new-xbox-team-working-on-top-secret-projects-to-push-the-envelope-of-kinect-tech/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I guess I missed the other times Kinect revolutionized entertainment.

Most likely this is linked to VR/AR stuff they are working on.

Let's see what they are doing later in the future. One thing is certain that the Kinect is nowhere near dead.

Proud to be a Californian.

As long it's not mandatory, i am fine with it, but the bad stigma surrounding kinnect it's hard for Microsoft to give another chance for kinnect, especially after they brag about the 2% graphic improvement of Xbox One if they not using Kinnect.

Unless they using it for AR or VR and marketed as different entity like Project Morpheus.

Really? More Kinect? And here I thought they finally moved on

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Wow...at wall of text!, at Massive PR spin, at considering kinect revolutionary (as opposed to reactionary, which we all know is what it was). How can someone link to this with a straight face? Especially after Microsoft already did an about face and essentially took Kinect out behind the barn and shot it.

Cant wait to see Rare's next compilation of minigames, to fully utilize this tech!

Good, I guess...

HOWEVER. It would be better if they did not kill our beloved RTS genius ENSEMBLE STUDIOS, and made actual Game-Developing studios for the Xbox that do not need to use Kinect.

Xbox needs more amazing 1st parties, secure more 3rd Parties and increase "Brand Love" to counter-attack against Sony and the infamous PS.

I thought that they learnt their lesson with the kinect but I guess not.

All I want is them to work more on 1st party games, secure more 3rd's and work more in the RTS dept since RTS games in general have been on a steep decline for the past 6 years, I'd love a new Age of Empires and Halo wars.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"