By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console did you think would win this generation?

What console did you think would win?

PS4 305 74.03%

Wii U 69 16.75%

Xbox One 38 9.22%

Total:412

I haven't been on this site for long, so i don't know which console everyone generally thought would win this generation. What was the console everyone thought would win before ps4, xbox one, and wii u launched?

Around the Network

At the beginning, the wiiU cause the wii was veryyy successful but of course, after the wiiU launched, I started to have my doubts, specially as the months passed by and after the ps4 launched, the sales confirmed the winner

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I knew that the WiiU would lose but not by this much. And I honestly expected the Xbox brand to gain even more ground against Playstation this gen, but Microsoft's DRM fiasco destroyed any chance of that happening for a long time...

I always expected the Ps4 to win

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I knew PS4 wouldnt make all the mistakes PS3 did and I knew wii U was released to early to get all the games PS4 and X1 would.
Xbox wasnt sure about until the DRM announcement came, after which it had lost all hope for #1.

Around the Network

After every console was revealed i knew the ps4 because of microsofts drm and bs. But also due to the specs who made the ps4 more powerfull as well as being cheaper thanks to the kinect in the x1. At that point it was clear the wiiu will fail, but even when it was announced without competition the console was very weak, alot of the specs are even below the ps3 and xbox360 like its cpu.

Before X1 and PS4 announced.......Xbox One.
After evil PS4 announcement , bashing Xbox during E3 caused a ton of hype and people didn't like DMR.

Also, to the majority, PS4 looks the "coolest" but too me it always felt, awkward. Looks are very important. Who knows what the gamecube could have sold if it was not purple,not had terrible shape, no handle and used dvd's. Could have reached 50m perhaps.

PS4. Right at the end of last gen Ps3 was selling the best and Wii had dropped sharply. Wii U wasn't bringing anything to excite the casuals so it was destined to fall back to its core support. PS4 was always going to beat xb one because it was always going to kick arse everywhere but UK and USA and those markets were always going to be a lot more even because PS4 was not going to launch with the disadvantages that PS3 had.

Really the only question was how big of a win it would be for PS4. PS4 hasn't won yet, but it will basically take Sony doing something stupid to piss off the market for PS4 not to win.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I knew from the moment the Wii U was announced it would end up last. PS4 and X1 had equal chances until both were revealed. Then it was clear the PS4 would win because of Microsofts big fuck up.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

WhiteEaglePL said:
Before X1 and PS4 announced.......Xbox One.

Other than this being what you wanted to have happen did you have any objective reasoning behind think xb one would win it? I know a few people though xb one had a shot but just looking at how things played out last gen I can't see what logical thought processes could lead to that conclusion.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix