By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Woke up in 2015 & had a feeling: PS4 to have 70% M.S. in 2015

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, totaly fair with all things considered! 54 46.96%

No, you're either insane or drunk! 61 53.04%

Total:115

So yeah, I had this premonition while my head was still spinning: PS4 will have 70% Market Share in 2015 alone, maybe 60% Market Share overall (who knows).

The reasons are simple: the hecatomb of exclusive/hyped games launching; the fact that wiiU is no longer a threat and the fact that XB1 is going up in price again. Also the possibility that PS4 will seee a pricedrop were also important things that made me reach that conclusion. PS4 has been selling like crazy despite its games weren't that essential, but in 2015 I think it can reach 40M-45M consoles sold! I wish all the best to Sony on achieving that!

Do you agree?

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

What's a hecatomb?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

It won't happen.

Ka-pi96 said:
What's a hecatomb?

It's like...something huge that will happen. Like a comet hitting earth i think

Someone should bump this if it's wrong.
I feel it would be about 60.

Around the Network

I think you are vastly underestimating how much Xbox One and Wii U will sell.

If PS4 sells 10m, then they would have to sell less than 4.29m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 15m, then they would have to sell less than 6.5m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 20m, then they would have to sell less than 8.6m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 25m, then they would have to sell less than 10.72m combined for PS4 to have 70%

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
I think you are vastly underestimating how much Xbox One and Wii U will sell.

If PS4 sells 10m, then they would have to sell less than 4.29m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 15m, then they would have to sell less than 6.5m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 20m, then they would have to sell less than 8.6m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 25m, then they would have to sell less than 10.72m combined for PS4 to have 70%

I can see that one happening

I don't know. Another 20 million within a year? It would be really awesome if they managed that but I'll go with 35 million sold to consumer by the end of 2015.

well, i don't believe you when you predict a comet is hitting the earth in 2015... because you sound like pachtradamus

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

No chance of it being 70% for 2015. I would expect over 50% is a given though. But in reality I think for the year its more than likely to be around the 55-60% mark over the WII U and Xbox One. But even so, 55-60% is huge in itself.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M