By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Woke up in 2015 & had a feeling: PS4 to have 70% M.S. in 2015

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, totaly fair with all things considered! 54 46.96%

No, you're either insane or drunk! 61 53.04%

Total:115

So yeah, I had this premonition while my head was still spinning: PS4 will have 70% Market Share in 2015 alone, maybe 60% Market Share overall (who knows).

The reasons are simple: the hecatomb of exclusive/hyped games launching; the fact that wiiU is no longer a threat and the fact that XB1 is going up in price again. Also the possibility that PS4 will seee a pricedrop were also important things that made me reach that conclusion. PS4 has been selling like crazy despite its games weren't that essential, but in 2015 I think it can reach 40M-45M consoles sold! I wish all the best to Sony on achieving that!

Do you agree?

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

It won't happen.

Ka-pi96 said:
What's a hecatomb?

It's like...something huge that will happen. Like a comet hitting earth i think

Someone should bump this if it's wrong.
I feel it would be about 60.

Ka-pi96 said:
I think you are vastly underestimating how much Xbox One and Wii U will sell.

If PS4 sells 10m, then they would have to sell less than 4.29m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 15m, then they would have to sell less than 6.5m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 20m, then they would have to sell less than 8.6m combined for PS4 to have 70%
If PS4 sells 25m, then they would have to sell less than 10.72m combined for PS4 to have 70%

I can see that one happening

Around the Network

I don't know. Another 20 million within a year? It would be really awesome if they managed that but I'll go with 35 million sold to consumer by the end of 2015.

well, i don't believe you when you predict a comet is hitting the earth in 2015... because you sound like pachtradamus

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

No chance of it being 70% for 2015. I would expect over 50% is a given though. But in reality I think for the year its more than likely to be around the 55-60% mark over the WII U and Xbox One. But even so, 55-60% is huge in itself.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

The Wii u has its best year of exclusives in 2015 of any year to date. I seriously think this will be Wii us peak year. This isn't going to happen imo.

With 100% being PS4 and XBox One numbers by the end of 2015, then I think PS4 can have 70% of that.
Including Wii U in the numbers I think PS4 could get close to 60% market share, but more likely it'll be at about 55%.

I think between now and the end of the year PS4 can easily sell 20 million units, with 25M being the upper limit, that's with GT7 dropping this year, a price cut down to £249/$299, some big surprise like Agent
landing at the end of the year and being exclusive to PS4.
PS Plus is probably going to get some very nice AAA games this year as a part of the IGC too, which Sony can push to move even more units.

I can see Sony having a lot of surprises to announce this year, so that will definitely help with selling the platform.