By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will sell 10 million

I can't see it selling 10m. It's certainly not impossible, especially if Sony are willing to market and bundle the ever loving crap out of it, but 7 to 8 million seems like a more reasonable goal. This is of course all assuming that it's at least as good as UC3.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Zekkyou said:
I can't see it selling 10m. It's certainly not impossible, especially if Sony are willing to market and bundle the ever loving crap out of it, but 7 to 8 million seems like a more reasonable goal. This is of course all assuming that it's at least as good as UC3.

It should have a nice little cushion, this gen. I can see it receiving a Meta no higher than 85 (which is fantastic, this gen) and still upwards of 7-8 million. 

the meta will definitely be above 90, that gameplay we saw was fantastic, and naughty dog know they have to outdo what they did with the last of us, and all the other uncharted games as well

CGI-Quality said:
Zekkyou said:

It should have a nice little cushion, this gen. I can see it receiving a Meta no higher than 85 (which is fantastic, this gen) and still upwards of 7-8 million. 

You're more than likely right. I know i'll be buying it regardless to its critical reception. It's shaping up to be exactly what i wanted from a next gen Uncharted; More open, more dynamic and Drake's ass in 1080p

Each game has grown (other than Golden Abyss for obvious reasons) and with PS4's hype train in full motion I COULD see this happening in a similar manner to Halo 3 (THE game to own on a next gen console pushes it beyond the series' usual bounds). Next year the install base will be 30-35m most likely when it launches (depending on if price cut happens and when and how big and if this releases in October or November or late November), BUT I must say I think it'll be 8-9m by the end. Playstation users are just varied in their taste. The great thing is that there's something there in the exclusive library for just about everyone. The bad news is there's really no ONE game we can all share in our enjoyment of like Zelda or Mario on Nintendo or Halo on MS.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

This is a thread about Uncharted 4 sales, predictions and the game itself. Please refrain from any further posting about the definition of an opinion, it's already steered things quite a bit off-course.

Thanks.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
thedawghousev2 said:
CGI-Quality said:

the meta will definitely be above 90, that gameplay we saw was fantastic

Eh, fantastic early gameply =! it will receive a 90+ Meta. That's not to say the game won't be fantastic, but early game-play, especially this gen, offers no guarantees.

what do you mean by "this gen"? i'm not asking that to sound like a douschebag by the way, do you mean that the reviewers are a lot tougher, or games will be medicocre the whole gen?

platformmaster918 said:
Each game has grown (other than Golden Abyss for obvious reasons) and with PS4's hype train in full motion I COULD see this happening in a similar manner to Halo 3 (THE game to own on a next gen console pushes it beyond the series' usual bounds). Next year the install base will be 30-35m most likely when it launches (depending on if price cut happens and when and how big and if this releases in October or November or late November), BUT I must say I think it'll be 8-9m by the end. Playstation users are just varied in their taste. The great thing is that there's something there in the exclusive library for just about everyone. The bad news is there's really no ONE game we can all share in our enjoyment of like Zelda or Mario on Nintendo or Halo on MS.

this game might not even come out next year, so it could come out when the ps4 has an install base of 40-50 million.

Yes, I agree. It will certainly get close in any case. Then TLoU2 will reach 10m as well and ND will be crowned the kings and queens of Playstation

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I think it will sell alot. Period. Over the generation I think it will be ND top seller. It may very well post 3 million first week.

I don't think it will be 10 mil but probably 7-9 mil. Uncharted 4 will probably be Sonys biggest advertised video game ever. I know for sure that out of Uncharted 4, The Legend of Zelda, and Halo 5, Uncharted 4 will be the highest seller.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"