By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mistwalker - where are the console games?

fatslob-:O said:

Where's the credit for AQL Interactive ? THOSE were the guys who did the most heavy lifting so if anything it's an AQL Interative game ... 

Mistwalker on their own can't overstep their bounds past a mobile game developer since they hardly have the their own programmers ...

Just because Phil Spencer is in a more prestigious position doesn't mean what I said aren't facts ...

Mistwalkers games are of a high pedigree. They are making mobile games of their own accord. Two of the best JRPG of last gen were made by Mistwalker for Nintendo and Microsoft. Given that the guy who created Final Fantasy is working at Mistwalker I fear not for a high quality title. All they need is a backer and they are set. Phil Spencer said he will invest in Japan and so far after seeing Scalebound, thats only the beginning. As he said he invests in Japan not only for the Japanese but the western gamers who love Japanese games. The Japanese market is there and if he can kill two birds with one stone he'll do it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony was favored by Square Enix because they had shares in the company and they were also a distributor for their games. This should be nothing new to you if you are a JRPG fan. This would've already been known. 

Which in hindsight means that Sony funded Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within ... Who do you think gives the paycheck to Square to do what they want in the end ? 

No. Sony funded the distribution and Square funded the development of the movie. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Mistwalkers games are of a high pedigree. They are making mobile games of their own accord. Two of the best JRPG of last gen were made by Mistwalker for Nintendo and Microsoft. Given that the guy who created Final Fantasy is working at Mistwalker I fear not for a high quality title. All they need is a backer and they are set. Phil Spencer said he will invest in Japan and so far after seeing Scalebound, thats only the beginning. As he said he invests in Japan not only for the Japanese but the western gamers who love Japanese games. The Japanese market is there and if he can kill two birds with one stone he'll do it.

You just dodged my question ...

WHERE is the credit for AQL Interactive ? 

The only thing that Mistwalker could produce at this point is indie JRPGs and I doubt Phil Spencer will be thinking about giving Japanese developers the time of day after what happened to D4 ... 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

No. Sony funded the distribution and Square funded the development of the movie. 

So what your saying is that Sony didn't fund the movie at all even though there was a producer from Columbia Pictures ...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

You just dogded my question ...

WHERE is the credit for AQL Interactive ? 

The only thing that Mistwalker could produce at this point is indie JRPGs and I doubt Phil Spencer will be thinking about giving Japanese developers the time of day after what happened to D4 ... 

What was AOL Interactive ivolved in? 

What happened to D4?

Microsoft has already registered the name for scalebound. Its being made by a Japanese company and it seems they are getting really close to revealing it. You're not giving me facts, just your disbelief in what people who are in high places are saying they will do.

Around the Network

So what your saying is that Sony didn't fund the movie at all even though there was a producer from Columbia Pictures ...

Square funded the project. They are the main publishers. Look up Square Pictures. Sony back then was a major distributor for them, which is one of the reasons Final Fantasy was exclusive to the Playstation platform.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What happened to D4?

Microsoft has already registered the name for scalebound. Its being made by a Japanese company and it seems they are getting really close to revealing it. You're not giving me facts, just your disbelief in what people who are in high places are saying they will do.

THEY were the ones who produced the assets and content. THEY were the ones who created the game mechanics. THEY were responsible for the graphics. THEY were pretty much responsible for ALMOST EVERYTHING about Lost Odyssey AND The Last Story ... The only thing Mistwalker was responsible for were was the plot and music whereas BOTH the director and producer came from AQL Interactive ...

Sure Mistwalker may have played a slightly larger role in The Last Story compared to Lost Odyssey such as Sakaguchi been the director for the former but I ask again, WHO do you think actually think deserves more credit out of the two ?

Do you actually believe a studio with less than 30 people can pull off a AAA game ?! 

IT IS a FACT that EVERY PORTABLE AND CONSOLE game that was developed by Mistwalker ALSO had a co-developer, hence I been VERY FAR away from disbelief. The same however couldn't be said for their mobile games since they were able to develop it by their OWN selfs ...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What happened to D4?

THEY were the ones who produced the assets and content. THEY were the ones who created the game mechanics. T aHEY were responsible for the graphics. THEY were pretty much responsible for ALMOST EVERYTHING about Lost Odyssey AND The Last Story ... The only thing Mistwalker was responsible for were was the plot and music whereas BOTH the director and producer came from AQL Interactive ...

Sure Mistwalker may have played a slightly larger role in The Last Story compared to Lost Odyssey such as Sakaguchi been the director for the former but I ask again, WHO do you think actually think deserves more credit out of the two ?

Do you actually believe a studio with less than 30 people can pull off a AAA game ?! 

IT IS a FACT that EVERY PORTABLE AND CONSOLE game that was developed by Mistwalker ALSO had a co-developer, hence I been VERY FAR away from disbelief. The same however couldn't be said for their mobile games since they were able to develop it by their OWN selfs ...

Dude...you're talking about Feel Plus, which was funded by Microsoft into existence to aid Mistwalker. AQ was just their parent company and both are defunct, but Mistwalker is still standing. Mistwalker was the primary developer. They were only the help and served their purpose. Everyone knows that Mistwalker needs help, but thats a question of numbers and publisher, not the willpower of the company to make games. As I said, if MS funds it, it will happen. You're not disputing Microsofts pocketbook because thats primarily how Microsoft is even in this race with Sony and Nintendo...their pocketbook. If you ever want to believe in anything creative regarding Microsoft, learn this......they have a great eye for talent and a huge checkbook for anything they deem worth the investment. Im done dude.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude...you're talking about Feel Plus, which was funded by Microsoft into existence to aid Mistwalker. AQ was just their parent company and both are defunct, but Mistwalker is still standing. Mistwalker was the primary developer. They were only the help and served their purpose. Everyone knows that Mistwalker needs help, but thats a question of numbers and publisher, not the willpower of the company to make games. As I said, if MS funds it, it will happen. You're not disputing Microsofts pocketbook because thats primarily how Microsoft is even in this race with Sony and Nintendo...their pocketbook. If you ever want to believe in anything creative regarding Microsoft, learn this......they have a great eye for talent and a huge checkbook for anything they deem worth the investment. Im done dude.

DOESN'T MATTER! Feel Plus was just ABSORBED into AQ Interactive so they STILL had the same staff which matters MOST! "Defunct" isn't one bit of an accurate word to describe the situation when you have the same developers ...

Is "Eidos" defunct despite the fact that SE purchased them ?! 

Yes, you must be absolutely right that Mistwalker were the primary developers so let's just push aside over 100 of those employees from AQ Interactive that were responsible for the gameplay, content, graphics, and the animations ... Not to mention the directing and producing ... /sarcasm

Feel free to concede after avoiding the argument ...

They are just another of those struggling Japanese devs that has to make cheap IOS games to cash in quickly.

Nintendo will have to fund Last Story 2 and M$ will have to fund Lost Odyssey 2.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda