By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mistwalker - where are the console games?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ive known for years that Sakaguchi doesn't like Sony. There was a falling out but no one seems to know exactly what it was. Sony say it was because of Sonys lack of funding of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within and others say its for other reasons. But we all know for sure that he left Final Fantasy in good hands with Kitase and left after having a falling out with SE and Sony was somehow involved.

could swear the sole purpose of that movie was to leave Squaresoft in shambles so Enix could buy them up -_-

Around the Network
Blob said:

Wonderful 101 was a far worse decision, last story 2 would have likely sold far more even if it still didn't profit. If nintendo wants to ride out this gen they need games to fill out the lineup and it's obvious that they don't have the manpower to do it themselves so they're going to have to pay for some games. Might as well work with people youv'e already worked with before.

They are riding out this gen, just in a more painful manner ... The WII U has already likely reached market saturation for almost every territory except for North America. There's nothing Nintendo can do at that point once most of the people that wanted a WII U already have one ...

Another thing that grinds my gear is the gaming community not giving credit to the ones that ACTUALLY developed those "Mistwalker" game's. THAT should go to AQL Interactive, NOT Mistwalker ... AQL Interactive is NOT one bit interested in making a new game since their last game was from 3 YEARS AGO! ... 

ktay95 said:

could swear the sole purpose of that movie was to leave Squaresoft in shambles so Enix could buy them up -_-

I share the same sentiments ...

ktay95 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ive known for years that Sakaguchi doesn't like Sony. There was a falling out but no one seems to know exactly what it was. Sony say it was because of Sonys lack of funding of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within and others say its for other reasons. But we all know for sure that he left Final Fantasy in good hands with Kitase and left after having a falling out with SE and Sony was somehow involved.

I dont know if it was done to sabotage it, but lol. I made a typo with saying Sony said it was Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, but what I meant is "some say". There was definitely a falling out with that situation though what came out of it was a merger and Sakaguchi leaving. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft knows as well as I do that these days Westerners eat up Japanese things more than even the Japanese do themselves in the console realm so when it comes to variety they are covered, but they will not give up on Japan. Scalebound looks like the new Dante from DMC so its definitely pandering to the same audience who likes hack n slash action like myself. Glad I have my one.

They already DID give up on Japan ... The thing is selling sub 1K weekly in the HOLIDAYS! 

Just because the head of Xbox expressed interest in bringing a JRPG doesn't mean it will happen! There are A LOT of unfulfilled promises in the real world ... 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I dont know if it was done to sabotage it, but lol. I made a typo with saying Sony said it was Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, but what I meant is "some say". There was definitely a falling out with that situation though what came out of it was a merger and Sakaguchi leaving. 

And Sony losing some money in the end since they were one of the sponsors who funded that abomination ...

fatslob-:O said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft knows as well as I do that these days Westerners eat up Japanese things more than even the Japanese do themselves in the console realm so when it comes to variety they are covered, but they will not give up on Japan. Scalebound looks like the new Dante from DMC so its definitely pandering to the same audience who likes hack n slash action like myself. Glad I have my one.

They already DID give up on Japan ... The thing is selling sub 1K weekly in the HOLIDAYS! 

Just because the head of Xbox expressed interest in bringing a JRPG doesn't mean it will happen! There are A LOT of unfulfilled promises in the real world ... 

You've given up on Japan and Japan has given up on them. They will not give up on any eligible market. 

"One of the primary reasons I want to make sure that Xbox is in Japan is so that mantain good relationships with the third party publishers and the studios over there, because I’m with you: I want great Japanese games to be built for the Japanese audience and those of us that love Japanese games and don’t live in Japan."

-Phil Spencer

S.T.A.G.E. said:

And Sony losing some money in the end since they were one of the sponsors who funded that abomination ...

Sony funded the distribution, Square funded the first movie

S.T.A.G.E. said:

You've given up on Japan and Japan has given up on them. They will not give up on any eligible market. 

"One of the primary reasons I want to make sure that Xbox is in Japan is so that mantain good relationships with the third party publishers and the studios over there, because I’m with you: I want great Japanese games to be built for the Japanese audience and those of us that love Japanese games and don’t live in Japan."

-Phil Spencer

The only publisher that's willing to even give Microsoft a chance at JRPGs is Square Enix and even then those guys will share it with Sony ... 

The Xbox base may certainly have some Final fantasy fans but the same can't be said for EVERY other JRPGs out there ...

The Xbox One is DEFINITELY not getting any exclusive JRPGs at this point ...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

-Phil Spencer

The only publisher that's willing to even give Microsoft a chance at JRPGs is Square Enix and even then those guys will share it with Sony ... 

The Xbox base may certainly have some Final fantasy fans but the same can't be said for EVERY other JRPGs out there ...

The Xbox One is DEFINITELY not getting any exclusive JRPGs at this point ...

Thats not true. The only reason I brought up mistwalker is because they developed exclusively for Microsoft and Nintendo last gen.