By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mistwalker - where are the console games?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony funded the distribution, Square funded the first movie

The movie wasn't ALL ENTIRELY funded by Square Enix ...

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Thats not true. The only reason I brought up mistwalker is because they developed exclusively for Microsoft and Nintendo last gen.

No matter how much Microsoft wants a JRPG or Mistwalker expressing interest, none of it will happen ... 

Maybe Microsoft will fund an extremely low budget indie level JRPG but they have not done it so far ... 

The only japanese developers left are the big publishers ...

fatslob-:O said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony funded the distribution, Square funded the first movie

The movie wasn't ALL ENTIRELY funded by Square Enix ...

Thanks for sending me a link that was telling you exactly what I already told you.

"Columbia Pictures will distribute the movie worldwide (except for Japan and Asia) when it arrives to the silver screen in 2001. "Those of us who have witnessed the phenomenal success of Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation game console are delighted to be part of bringing the film version to the public," stated Chris Lee, president of production at Columbia Pictures."

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Thats not true. The only reason I brought up mistwalker is because they developed exclusively for Microsoft and Nintendo last gen.

No matter how much Microsoft wants a JRPG or Mistwalker expressing interest, none of it will happen ... 

Maybe Microsoft will fund an extremely low budget indie level JRPG but they have not done it so far ... 

Whose word should I take today...yours or Phil Spencers? Mistwalker made Lost Odyssey for the XBox 360 which is STILL one of the best larger budget JRPG's on the market and of its era.

I'll say it again.....

Sakaguchi worked and will work for Microsoft and Nintendo again...but never Sony. At least not in the near future.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yep just like in the US where the only guys left are Activision Blizzard, EA, MS, Take Two and ZeniMax

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Thanks for sending me a link that was telling you exactly what I already told you.

"Columbia Pictures will distribute the movie worldwide (except for Japan and Asia) when it arrives to the silver screen in 2001. "Those of us who have witnessed the phenomenal success of Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation game console are delighted to be part of bringing the film version to the public," stated Chris Lee, president of production at Columbia Pictures."

That's not what Sony thinks ... Distribution is an important part of movie since Sony likely had to hire actors to do a translation but there's probably more such as the shares that Sony held in Square at the time ...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Whose word should I take today...yours or Phil Spencers? Mistwalker made Lost Odyssey for the XBox 360 which is STILL one of the best larger budget JRPG's on the market and of its era.

I'll say it again.....

Sakaguchi worked and will work for Microsoft and Nintendo again...but never Sony. At least not in the near future.

Where's the credit for AQL Interactive ? THOSE were the guys who did the most heavy lifting so if anything it's an AQL Interative game ... 

Mistwalker on their own can't overstep their bounds past a mobile game developer since they hardly have the their own programmers ...

Just because Phil Spencer is in a more prestigious position doesn't mean what I said aren't facts ...

That's not what Sony thinks ... Distribution is an important part of movie since Sony likely had to hire actors to do a translation but there's probably more such as the shares that Sony held in Square at the time ...

Sony was favored by Square Enix because they had shares in the company and they were also a distributor for their games. This should be nothing new to you if you are a JRPG fan. This would've already been known. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony was favored by Square Enix because they had shares in the company and they were also a distributor for their games. This should be nothing new to you if you are a JRPG fan. This would've already been known. 

Which in hindsight means that Sony funded Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within ... Who do you think gives the paycheck to Square to do what they want in the end ? 

They were doomed the moment they decided to not make games for the Sony console. Now, they're a mobile dev.