By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Region Free In China

Good for Chinese gamers. Now they can import the banned games in china and enjoy them.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Intrinsic said:

wow. 

wow what?  which bit is wrong or do you disagree with?

think. 

kowenicki said:
GribbleGrunger said:
kowenicki said:
The PS4 and ONE are already region free in China...

I thought we established this.

The XB1 is region free in China? Are you sure about that?

think.

No the Xbox One is both region locked and DRM locked on the 'government sanctioned' version. This is one of the reasons the Xbox One has a hard time there because you can actually by a cheaper one on the gray market that will actually play a game like Halo which makes the official version even less attractive. 

The PS4 was speculated to be similar, and it was one of the hottest topics on the Chinese gaming boards so this is a huge win. Expect a sharp uptick in preorders. I don't understand how Sony managed to do this though with China's over the top censorship practices. 

Or maybe we all exaggerated it.

CosmicSex said:

The PS4 was speculated to be similar, and it was one of the hottest topics on the Chinese gaming boards so this is a huge win. Expect a sharp uptick in preorders. I don't understand how Sony managed to do this though with China's over the top censorship practices. 

Or maybe we all exaggerated it.

China must have felt bad for Sony when NoKor hacked their Movie division. Lol xD

So [PS4 BM (black Market) already region free + Official PS4 Region free] > [Xbox One BM region free + Official Xbox One Region lock].

Lol, guess that summed up.

Around the Network

Megaton.

Looking beyond just Sony though, this is a megaton for the industry because companies like EA, and Activision will sell more software.

The argument in favor or Region Locking in China fell into two distinct categories.

1. Protection against morally objectionable material. Yes, I saw this argument on the Chinese boards a lot and it's more of a cultural issue.

2. Protection for domestic developers. Some saw the consoles as an opportunity for Chinese developer (and it is) but felt that foreign competition would hinder them. This is understandable but I think that the developers in the region will need to step up the quality and this may be an incentive.

There opportunity to ship low cost independent games is always an option as well and I believe that Chinese developers will maintain an advantage in approval process while foreign software will remain dependant on importing or the foreseeable future.

So we've established that this isn't good news because you can get both consoles on the black market over there.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
So we've established that this isn't good news because you can get both consoles on the black market over there.

You really made me laugh.

kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:
kowenicki said:

think.

Link?

Ok, I'll spell it out.

The consesus on this site has become that the PS4 and ONE are selling already in China via imports or through HK. 

Now, these are imports and thus region free.  The official release of the ONE and the China previews for the PS4 have proved that these official releases are beign recieved in a very luke warm way.  The imports will remain the dominant source for consoles. 

Thus, they are already freely available unlocked if desired at a lower price or with some games thrown in for the same price.

I guess the consensus must change now though to fuel Warz?

So you were being condescending while wrong. I wonder if you ever wonder why you often feel attacked on this site. It's for stuff like that. 

4 ≈ One