By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2015 hardware sales predictions

tak13 said:
Aerys said:
2m for WiiU without price cut, 3M with

20-21M for PS4

8-9M for X1

I usually avoid to comment predictions of others!However,I can't stand that,it is exasperatingly low and not to comment about the number with the price cut...

Its not low, look at 2014 within thé 2 biggest Nintendo system sellers it only did +3M... So without these 2 big games ( x and Zelda wont be enough ) , and thé decrease since last year, you can expect it to drop to 2M without a price cut

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
tak13 said:
zorg1000 said:
tak13 said:
Aerys said:
2m for WiiU without price cut, 3M with

20-21M for PS4

8-9M for X1

I usually avoid to comment predictions of others!However,I can't stand that,it is exasperatingly low and not to comment about the number with the price cut...

2013-3.1 million

2014-3.5 million

This year had Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Captain Toad and the retail version of Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Club, NES Remix 1+2 and Amiibo. Despite this sales are only going to be up 10-20% YoY.

2015 sales will likely be somewhere around 2013/2014 sales. To think otherwise is being extremely optimistic considering nothing has allowed Wii U to sell well yet.

Okay!However,why you quoted me?

He predicts -1m in 2015(Almost 200% yoy down)or same with 2013 and below 2014 sales if there will be a price cut!

I couldn't forgo commenting this,if the prediction was 3m and 4m with a price cut,even though I would disagree,I wouldn't decry it.

P.s Is your 3.5m estimation about sales by the end of 2014,includes the fifth week of december?Personally,I m seeing 3.7m!

I know, I'm telling u that's not that rediculous of a prediction. A price cut will only help slow down the decline, at this point we're not going to see anything create a big boost for Wii U. A $50 price cut 2.5 years after launch likely won't do a ton and most of the games scheduled for next year are either pretty niche or already have a fanbase on Wii U. We have to accept Wii U for what it is and it's not a console that will see strong sales, 3 million next year is a pretty logical prediction.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ps4 20-25
xb1 11-14
wiiU 2-2.5
vita 2M
3ds 7.5

anyone who thinks ps4

Play Me

PS4's ownership of the market is going to grow massively next year, 20-25 million is what it will sell IMO, 3rd party sales will shift even more in Sony's favor for new console buyers, the line-up of exclusives for PS4 is very strong in 2015.
At best Xbox One's hardware sales level off with the small line-up of exclusives coming next year, the true exclusives currently lined up for the second half of 2015 will at best garner similar numbers to this year, so about 7 million Xbox One's will be sold in 2015.
If MS can get more exclusives like Scalebound, Crackdown, Phantom Dust and some others that don't release on PC or 360 then the system will see some growth of sales compared to 2014, at best it'll be about 9 million units sold in 2015.

Wii U will see great growth because it has loads of exclusives coming in 2015, plus it has a big library of games already out, which adds to it's appeal, IMO 5 million is the minimum to expect perhaps 7 million if Nintendo has more surprises to come, they drop the price of the system down $50 and actually market the platform as a new platform to the audience they're targeting.

I think PS4 will have a price drop by $50 at some point in the year, coupled with more of Sony's excellent marketing, Xbox One may stay at it's current price of $349, Microsoft are in the business to make money, not chuck their profits on the fire to try to gain some level of market share when that's impossible and Wii U will drop $50 too.

To some up:

PS4= 20-25Million
XB1= 7-9Million
WiiU= 5-7Million.

Why are people thinking that 3DS sales will be flat YoY?

Around the Network

PS4 - 17M
XB1 - 14M
WiiU - 7M

PS4 - 19m
XBO - 10m
3DS - 7m
WiiU - 2.8m
Vita - 2m

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

So it's not just a fever dream that people think Wii U will actually reach 15m next year? I mean seriously?

50-100% YoY increase with 1 big system seller(plus a few very small ones) and a price drop? After a year with a stellar lineup of games including its 2 biggest system sellers?

hm....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS4 - 21-23 M
XBO - 12-13 M
WIU - 3.5-4 M
3DS - 7 M
PSV - 1.5 M

Wii U - 3.75 mil (peak year with $50 price cut)

PS4  - 16.5 mil (2016 will be peak year at 21 mil.) 

Xbone 8 mil (2016 will be peak year at 12 mil.) 

3DS - 7.25 mil (slow decline) 

Vita - 1.8 mil (slow decline next year, steep decline after.)