By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OK, I faced it: WiiU can't sell over 15M

15M, too low or just ok?

With my heartbroken, I agree. 291 32.96%

A pricecut can still push it to 20M-25M. 426 48.24%

Nonsense. WiiU is an assu... 165 18.69%

Total:882

Ofcourse it will sell above 15m, but I am not so sure it will sell above 20m.

Around the Network
tak13 said:

That's an exaggeration!miracle for 16m...?:O oh my gosh...

Nintendo release it's two biggest killer apps this year, and the Wii U sold only around 2m. Regardless of droughts, that's shit. The Wii U has just one game for next year that will even come close to pushing consoles, and that game won't come out until next holiday at the earliest. I don't know where anyone is getting these delusiouns that the Wii U has any more life in it. It's a down hill sales slope from here.

Did someone really mention Amiibo? Do people really think that people are buying Wii U's for Amiibo? Come on guys. Holiday 2016 is the thing's expiration date.

spemanig said:
tak13 said:

That's an exaggeration!miracle for 16m...?:O oh my gosh...

Nintendo release it's two biggest killer apps this year, and the Wii U sold only around 2m. Regardless of droughts, that's shit. The Wii U has just one game for next year that will even come close to pushing consoles, and that game won't come out until next holiday at the earliest. I don't know where anyone is getting these delusiouns that the Wii U has any more life in it. It's a down hill sales slope from here.

Did someone really mention Amiibo? Do people really think that people are buying Wii U's for Amiibo? Come on guys. Holiday 2016 is the thing's expiration date.

More like 4 millions.

Also, Wii U sales are on the rise, not on the downside. The third year is not a decline year for a console.

Giggs_11 said:

I can't believe what I just read. You wanna make a bet? Actually more of a one-sided bet. If WiiU surpasses 15M by 31 dec 2015 I shall have 1 month sig control. :D

You think Wii u will sell almost 7m in the next 12 months?
OP: Well after thinking about it I can actually see the gen ending with less than 15m. This one is really all up to Nintendo though. If they really want to release a console in  2017 or earlier then 2015 will be the WiiU´s last year with proper support (Nintendo won´t repeat the mistake of a rocky release year and thus start focusing on next gen game development at least  2 years before release)

EDIT: changed 1.5 to 2 years....games need that much time

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Lucas-Rio said:

I see you are still in the Nintendo hater club.

The Wii U will reach 15 millions. Not hitting 15 millions would mean selling less than 2 millions for the next 3 years, or less than 1.5 millions for the next 4 years.

The Wii U won't still be around in the next 3 years. They'll cut it after two more years of abysmal and lowering sales.

Lol, you sure got me. I just hate Nintendo oh so very much. 

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

More like 4 millions.

Also, Wii U sales are on the rise, not on the downside. The third year is not a decline year for a console.

It'll be a decline year for this one. Unless you think Splatoon can push more consoles than Smash Bros.

Before Smash came out, I believed that the Wii U would make between 18-20 million lifetime sales. After Smash, I still need to see which will be the baseline after the holiday season, but I believe now that Wii U will sell between 15-18 million lifetime.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I see you are still in the Nintendo hater club.

The Wii U will reach 15 millions. Not hitting 15 millions would mean selling less than 2 millions for the next 3 years, or less than 1.5 millions for the next 4 years.

The Wii U won't still be around in the next 3 years. They'll cut it after two more years of abysmal and lowering sales.

2016 would be too early to release a new console,  Nintendo is not in an hurry (unlike the Gamecube which was ended earlier to not be late compared to PS3). Nintendo probably won't release a new console before end of 2017.

They will make money selling Wii U games, pushing the consoles installed base at over 20 millions.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

More like 4 millions.

It'll be a decline year for this one. Unless you think Splatoon can push more consoles than Smash Bros.

Smash Bros released at the end of this year. It will still benefit the Wii U for next year. Better library will help the console, as well as a likely price cut for next holidays and the release of high profile games like Zelda or Animal Crossing.

Mr.Playstation said:
Nogamez said:
Mr.Playstation said:
It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.W

what upcoming console? did i miss something

There have been a bunch of rumors, here are some links:

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/anton-shilov/nintendo-contracts-amd-to-power-next-generation-game-console/

Here is a quote from the article which shows that nintendo is working on a next generation system:

"Back in May Nintendo already confirmed that it had started development of its next-generation home console. In October it also transpired that the company would design system-on-chip for its forthcoming system in the U.S. According to a new media report, Nintendo contracted AMD to provide graphics processing technologies for the device."

Just like how Microsoft and Sony are building their next platforms. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.